yarn ball winder for frogging!!!!!

yes, folks, yet another use for the invaluable ball winder: quick and painless frogging!:eek

so I have this beautiful hand-dyed yarn, fingering weight, and i'm making this really cute top from the cover of Vintage Styles for Today, but it turns out i'm making it way too small which i don't figure out until i'm ready to stitch it together... so i look at my hours of work (which it was really fun making:yes ) and i think okay, i have a choice to make here. if i continue on and finish this it's not gonna fit me unless i shrink which isn't gonna happen, there's no one i can give it to, so the only other option is to frog it and have a do-over. hmmm.

so i set up the ball winder, fold the top in such a way that the ends are together and, voila, from garment to ball in about ten minutes! about 900 yards of gorgeous teal & gray yarn ready to be made into an item i'll actually be able to use.

honestly, it was painless. the yarn is so pretty and the stitch was so fun that i'll enjoy working it up again:c9

Archived