Sign in to follow this  
charitas32

bath rug, my first freeform!

503741114_9ece06f680_m.jpg

just going to brag. I finished my first freeform today, i was inspired by all the postings here. Its done in aran weight 100% cotton I had left over from making a cardi. this cotton has had an aventerous life, being first a motif sweater which rode up my back and hung in a unflattering manner fom my bosom and also a string bag which had plans for world domination. I think it's happier in its current incarnation, and if it gets out of hand again I can stamp on it.

Thanks for all your comments, its the first time i've posted anything and its great to get feedback from people who know how much work it was. My beloved tells me everything is beautiful, but then he still wears the first pair of socks i ever made complete with holes around the toes

Nice job , I love it!

That is such a good idea. I would really like to try freeform and that is an excellent way to start. I think you have inspired me to gather all my bit and pieces together to make a mat. Thanks ;)

:lol :lol :lolIt looks great!!! Thanks for sharing!

Looks great! Terrific color combinations.

Wow. That looks great. I'm envious of those who can freeform. I'm rigidly symmetrically minded myself. I can't even wear sweaters that button off-center! I really really like that bath mat.

Gosh the rug is great and your first free form project - what a wonderful job. I like the colors of your scrumbles. Thanks for sharing. :sun

What a great project.....especially as you re-purposed yarn from earlier projects! It is really wonderful! I love :manyheart free form pieces.

great job! I love the colors!

Hi fellow BRIT, I love it and the comments too!!!

What fun and useful too, I must make time to have a go....!:lol