Tea Time in Minature

A while ago, someone made a teapot and tea cups. Someone said I must be drooling at the mouth to make them in thread. Well, I didn’t get that pattern, but I remembered I had a pattern for a Tea Pot. I made it in yarn and it was a pincushion.

Off I go to find the pattern and search the internet for a tea cup pattern. None found, so I winged it. Decided not to put tea in the cup, as I figured it was still brewing in the pot.

I got a pattern from Gourmet Crochet called Chocolate Sweets and Treats. These are also made with ww yarn and I used thread.

So sit back with your cup of tea and have a little bite.

(clickable) th_MiniMeTeaPot.gif

Tea pot – ww – 5” H X 10” W - thread – 2 ½” H X 4 ½” W

Plate is 2 ½” Tea cup 1”H X 1 ½” W saucer 1 ½” W

Cupcakes – ww 3” W X 4” H thread – 1 ½” W X 1 ½” H

http://www.gourmetcrochet.com/index_files/Page346.htm This is the Gourmet Crochet Book

Almost forgot, I used size #10 thread and a size 7 hook.

Those are so pretty! I love teapots and teacups. Where did you get the pattern for the teapot?

You did a great job! :cheer

Kim :princess

The tea pot is from a pattern by Annie's Attic called pin cushions and paperweights. I don't see the book on their site anymore.:hook

Wow:cheer!! Simply adorable:clap! The colors really go great with each other :yay !!!! (isn't that Crochet Gourmet great!! I'm so tempted to order the cake pattern:hook) P.S. Quite sometime ago, I was looking for a tea set and I came upon this website:www.youcanmakethis.com. Just click on the crochet/knit button.

I thought for sure I had commented on your tea pot and tea cups!! They are so pretty, Mary Jo! I wish I would have had that pattern for the tea cozy swap!! :tea Oh well maybe in the future when it gets cold here again. :hook Thanks for sharing!! :manyheart

Tina

Archived