lsnider59

Looking for Relay for Life or Cancer afghan patterns

Question

I am looking for patterns for Relay for Life or Cancer afghan patterns to use as a fund raiser-If I get them made. Any one know where to find these?

11 answers to this question

I have a pattern on my blog. It is on the "old blog" in my signature.

Our Relay for Life is this weekend (see my Relay page also in my signature) I will be putting this afghan in the silent auction.

That's the one I was going to link to!

Lucy - you're pattern is wonderful!

That afghan is beautiful. I too am a survivor of cancer. I may try to make one for our Relay for Life. Is this OK with you? Thanks for the pattern. Eileen

There is a wonderful member here named Michele (sorry, cant remember user name) that has a gorgeous pink ribbin prayer shawl pattern. Just type that into the search bar up top and I'm pretty sure it will come up. I think that is how I found it. I just made one of these for a church member who is a cancer surviver, and she just loved it. It is a beautiful pattern and it works up very quickly.

Debby

There is a wonderful member here named Michele (sorry, cant remember user name) that has a gorgeous pink ribbin prayer shawl pattern. Just type that into the search bar up top and I'm pretty sure it will come up. I think that is how I found it. I just made one of these for a church member who is a cancer surviver, and she just loved it. It is a beautiful pattern and it works up very quickly.

Debby

Debby,

Are you talking about RoseRed? She's got a pdf file for a ribbon shawl pattern w/ a list of color references for cancer, military, etc.

(I went to MLLORF'S site, and just for those looking, the pattern is January 2005, to make finding it easier. :) )

Sandy

That's a beautiful afghan square!

I've been gone for a while - my step-mom just died from cancer and my Dad needed me a lot.

The link for the shawl (and my email) is on my blog

http://inspiredcrochetdesign.blogspot.com/2007/09/october-is-breast-cancer-awareness.html

erthmother - I'd love to see a pic of your shawl!

Michele and Lucy ~ both your patterns are wonderful - I am a survivor and make things for my local relay and I am hoping to make both of your patterns for next years relay!

Michele, I am so very sorry to hear about your Mom. I can't even imagine how hard that must be. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate you sharing this gorgeous pattern with me. The woman I made it for was absolutely thrilled and so was I when I completed it and got to see just how beautiful it actually is. And I have to add that it is an easy quick pattern to make. Thank's again for sharing it with me.

Debby

Im looking for a relay for life afghan pattern to crochet. Our relay is May 11th 2012. If someone could help me find a pattern it would greatly be appreciated.:)

tammy, theres at least 2 patterns on cville that are the ribbons pattern. 1 is fpdc's to make a raised 1 and the other is a filet pattern and they should be in the free patterns section

I made two afghans last year for our Relay for Life. One of the pictures is attached. The other one is a pattern I created myself and inserted the Relay logo. If I can find a picture when I get home this evening, I will post that one also.