Warning to all New Members!!!

Heather M.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So true! I could spend hours on here just looking at all the pictures of work done by other members. It is definitely another addiction which runs a close second to the crochet bug! And what a great bunch of people to hang out with as well. :clap:manyheart

I totally agree...except....I am OBSESSED! And it doesn't help that my friends keep enabling. My house is a mess and I need a pedicure...but I can't seem to put my hooks away...:hook:blush:yarn

It's all Crochetville's fault.....this is the coolest place...:manyheart

As a newer Member myself, I thought that I should warn all newcomers of the dangers of this site!!!

You will find yourself burried in threads, viewing the pictures and reading the replies with the potential of never finding your way out!!!

Addiction is imminent!!

Signs include but not limited to:

• No House work gets done any more ...No Cooking, Cleaning, Laundry, etc.:think
  • No more "personal" time with your "Other Half":eek
  • No more play time with your Children or pets.:no
  • No more late night phone calls to your best friends.:(
  • No more work gets done at work. Then again, you probably won't have your job for much longer anyways, because of your addiction problem.

And this is ontop of your crochet addiction!!!:hook

LOL. Thanks for the laugh! This is so very true! Crochetville is the coolest forum. I just started crocheting again after a very long hiatus, so I must learn everything over again.

Everyone here has been so helpful and I'm finding myself addicted to both the forum & the craft! :hook Welcome Newcomers!

LOL.....oh so tue...I wake up in the morning and turn my computer on and go to today's post to see what is new.

I'm with you HeatherM. I find myself coming back to this site whenever I have a free moment. I love it here so much that I find not much crocheting is getting done and so I go to bed later and later but still have to be up

early to bring my grandson to school!! It's worth all the time spent here though!!!!

I agree this site is very addictive, there are so many wonderful creations to see and so much useful information I find before I know it I've been here a few hours :eek. This is a fantastic forum and I am very glad I found it:clap:clap

Appreciate the warning, but it seems we persist anyway! We're corrupted before we get here is what I suspect. And, I don't get much housework done anyway, so I don't need to fear that outcome. As for late-night phone calls, my "other half" will be delighted if the phone bill goes down and I have someone else to show my projects to. He says things like--That's a lot of orange. Or-what will you do with that? LOL--just doesn't get it. ;-)

Boy I'm glad that I picked this as my very first thread to view. Now this really sounds like my kind of place!!:yay

I gave my DH SOOOO much grief about his time spent on a similar Message Board about Aquarium and Reefkeeping. How the heck could one sit for hours reading about other peoples stuff!!!! Now, I know. I baked him some cookies to apologize. Then kicked him off the computer! :hug

I thought only I had this new addiction problem. My house looks like a bomb hit it and my kids are throwing cereal. Might be time to take a few hours off? Nahhhhh:hook

Archived