Halter & Shorts for Stella 12mo. size

carovan

I have enjoyed this forum so much since I joined in January. I really appreciate all you who share your wonderful patterns with me. I designed this outfit for my granddaughter this weekend when I couldn't find a halter and shorts in a 12 month size. I want to share with all of you. This is my first pattern that I have designed so have patience with me if I made any mistakes. Thanks for looking.

th_StellaNana015.jpg

th_StellaNana022.jpg

th_P5130008.jpg

th_P5120003.jpg

HALTER TOP

1 ball Sugar and Cream --Hot Pink Sm. amt. Sug.& Cream- Strawberry

F Hook

Ch. 25 (Approx. 5 1/4)

R1 - sc in 2nd ch. from hook and ea. ch across. Turn.

R2 - Ch.1, sc in ea. sc across. Turn.

R3-R7 - Ch.2 (counts as HDC). HDC in same stitch and across. 2HDC in last stitch. Turn.

R8 - Ch.2 (Counts as HDC). HDC in same stitch and across. Ch25. Turn

R9 - sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc across. Ch.25. Turn.

R10 - sc in 2nd ch. from hook. sc across. Turn.

R11 - Ch3, skip 2 st.'s, sc in next st. Across. Turn

R12 - Ch3 (counts as dc) 4 dc in first Ch3 space. sc next ch3 sp. *5 dc next ch3 sp., sc next ch3 sp.* Repeat from * to * across. Turn

R13 - Repeat R11

R14 - Repeat R12

R15 - Repeat R11

R16 - Repeat R12

R17 - Repeat R11

R18 - Repeat R12

R19 - Repeat R11 (May add another couple rows if wanted)

R20 - Change to contrast color. Repeat R12. At end of row sl. st. to corner. Do not fasten off.

EDGING and TIES

Continuing from bottom edge, sc, ch2 evenly up side to R8. Ch50, sl. st back along ch. sc in corner then continue to sc in ea. sc to upper corner. 3sc in corner. Ch50, sl. st back along ch., sl. st to 1st ch. Ch2, sc in ea. sc across top to next corner. Ch50, sl. st. back along ch. 3sc in corner. sc evenly to R8. Ch50, sl. st. back along ch., sl. st. to 1st ch. Ch2, sc to bottom edge. Sl. st. in corner. Finish off.

SHORTS

2 balls Sugar & Cream - Hot Pink

sm. amt. Sugar & Cream - Strawberry

3/4" elastic (measure around baby's waist - approx. 15")

F hook

With contrast color Ch81

R1 - Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in ea. ch. Turn.

R2 - Ch4 (Counts as triple crochet (tc)). tc in ea. sc across. Turn.

R3 - Ch1. sc in back loop only (blo) across. Turn.

R4 - Ch4 (Counts as tc). tc in front loop only (flo) across.

R5 - Fold in half with R1 and R4 together. Sc R1 and R4 together along length. (Forms a tube for the elastic). Sl. st. to first sc (forms a loop). **Remaining rows will be worked in the round.**

Change color now if desired.

R6 - Ch2 (counts as HDC). Hdc in ea. sc around. (you can join with sl. st to ch2 then ch2., or place a stitch marker to keep track of rows from here

on).

R7-20? Repeat R6 until 7" from top, adding a couple of increase stitches to every third or fourth row.

R21 - Repeat R6 but add 2Hdc in 1st and last Hdc.

R22 - Ch2 and go backwards two stitches. Attach to Hdc with sl st. Ch2. Hdc next 5 stitches. Turn. (6Hdc's) (Forms the beginning of the crotch)

R23-R25 - Ch2. Hdc across. Turn.

R26 - Ch2. Hdc across. Do not turn.

R27 - Attach to opposite side of shorts by slip stitching ea. of the 6 Hdc's to the Hdc's of R20. Do not fasten off.

LEGS

Legs are worked in the round. Use a stitch marker to keep track of rows.

R1 - 2 Hdc in corner of crotch then Hdc around placing 2 Hdc in back corner of crotch.

R2 - Hdc around

R3 - Hdc around. sl. st. to 1st Hdc.

R4 - Ch3, skip 2 Hdc's, sc in next Hdc. Ch3, skip 2 Hdc's, sc in next Hdc around.

R5 - With contrast color Ch3 (counts as dc), 4 dc in first ch3 sp., sc in next ch3 sp. *5dc in next ch3 sp., sc in next ch3 sp.* Cont. from * to * around. End with sc and sl st. to 1st dc. Fastern off.

2nd leg.--Attach yarn to corner of crotch, ch2, Hdc same stitch, Hdc around to next corner, 2Hdc in corner, Hdc around.

R2-5 Repeat as for first leg.

Attach a safety pin to piece of elastic and thread through tube made at waistband. ( see picture). Overlap pieces of elastic and sew together. Whipstitch opening closed.

Ahw she is too cute I just love her smile...oh yeah I also love the outfit and thanx for sharing the pattern. I was looking for a halter pattern for a smaller baby.

Thank you for all the nice comments. This outfit could easily be made for different sizes by increasing or decreasing the number of stitches or by changing hook size. You could also use a different type of yarn if desired. Let me know if you have any problems with the pattern.:)

I saw your thread on the Babies section and came here to look at the pattern. I'm so glad I did - you didn't say there would be cute as pie pictures of her modelling the clothes! Such a pretty set and a cute baby to match.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
could i maake these into flar pants?

If you want to make flared pants, just keep adding rows and when you get just below the knee add a couple of increase stitches every row until you get the length you want. :)

• 8 months later...

I made the shirt in a size 9-12 by changing the hook size, I used an E instead of an F hook. For the second color i used worst weight yarn instead of cotton, the main part of the shirt was done in white cotton though!!! It looks awesome!!!! Thanks you for the pattern!!!!!

Archived