Fabric hook case for my Jimbo hooks!

I have made four of these for my various wooden hook collections, but by far my favorite hooks are my Jimbo hooks so those are the ones I chose to model for the pictures. The first hook up top is the Jumbo-Jimbo from the hook whittling tutorial that some of you may remember from last year.

hookholder007.jpg

Yes, these are all certified original Jimbo hooks! Beautiful, ain't they! I LOVE them! There is one other egg hook (those funny ones up top) that wasn't present for the picture, and then there was a hook that met with an unfortunate early demise at the teeth of my dog, Chelsea.

And here we have it closed which, a) keeps the hooks from falling out, and b) you can roll it up. Cool, huh!

hookholder009.jpg

just curious:

what do you do with the egg hooks?

The egg hooks are a Jimbo creation - if he got the idea somewhere else, I do not know - and they work especially well for someone who has arthritic fingers and otherwise would not be able to hold a crochet hook any longer. I am fortunate that I don't have those problems!

The egg hooks are held more in the palm of the hand with just some guidance from the fingers, so you're not manipulating the hook in the same way as you do a 'regular' hook. Hope this makes sense.

Jimbo has had some in his recent auctions and I don't know what the feedback is that he's received on them, but people definitely buy them!

Can you make me one for my Jimbo hooks? ALthough I only have two...lol...but working on more, feverishly I might add!! GREAT JOB!! :hook And, no, I am NOT beyond begging...:lol

Hi there :

I was wondering if you can share with us how you make these fabric covers .. I would like to make some for my 10 and 14 inch afghan hooks...

So please if you can guide us that would be great or email me and tell me since i sew and have fabric i can make them

hugs

No fair! You beat me out for 2 of those egg hooks! :eek:devil

I'm so jealous of that lovely collection :hook

I'm sure you realize that is an extremely exclusive collection....drooooool ;)

Good for you!

Archived