A Couple WIP's: Sept 2nd updated picture post 37

Katchkan

I am currently working on a Tabletopper that I may turn into a curtin if I get the house I want. Otherwise it will stay a tabletopper. But I just hit the half way point and thought I would share. It is a long project and I can use a bit of a push to keep at it.

This design is the first thing I designed when Marv got me my filet program for Mother's day 2 years ago. So it seemed right to post a picture of it finally getting done today.

I have called this one Tea Roses. I am doing it in size 20 thread with a 9 hook.

clickable

th_TeaRosesWIP.jpg

My other project is also going to take awhile as it is a rnd tablecloth. I am calling this one Snowfields. It is themed on Snowflakes. Therefore it is six sided. Someone asked me to design a Christmas tabletopper and this is what I came up with. I am doing mine as a Tablecloth using size 10 thread and 7 hook. It should be over 60 inches when done. I needed a new Christmas Tablecloth anyways. I am just getting started into the first snowflake on the tablecloth so you are just going to have to wait to see it when I get further along. I just started this this week. It is my pack along project at the moment so will not progress as fast as the other one. When it gets to big to pack around then it will become my major focus until done. But this way I have a head start on the project.

Clickable

th_Snowfields.jpg

both are amazing Kathy. the snowflakes will sure add a whole new dimension to the table cloth!

• 1 month later...

Needed to step back and take a look at where I am on this. Sort of need a boost to get it finished. So I thought I would do a progress report on the Tea Roses I am just about 3/4's of the way done with it now. Unfortunately I haven't had too much time to crochet here lately. But I finally picked this one back up the other day. I am hoping to have it done here shortly. Any hoots, here is where she is today.

th_TeaRoseWIPa.jpg

you have GOT to tell me the stats on that one!!! thread size, hook (please don't say #30). how big is it!!!???

OMG - that is beyond gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm just sitting here DROOLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am doing this in size 20 thread with a size 9 hook. It measures 38 inches across right now. I will still have to add the edging so it will be slightly wider. It should be a square when done.

Wow, Kathy, that is coming along great. It would make fantastic curtains....Lots of work though. How is the snowfields coming along. Long way till Winter.

Thanks for the update...can't wait to see the finished project.

Wow, Kathy, that is coming along great. It would make fantastic curtains....Lots of work though. How is the snowfields coming along. Long way till Winter.

Thanks for the update...can't wait to see the finished project.

The snowfields is coming along but even slower than the Tea Roses.

Just not enough hours in the day right now. Life got very crazy for me and it's taking a bit to adjust.

Will post a picture of the snowfield tablecloth later this week.

I think both projects are pretty...I am especially interested in the snowfields pattern, as I like filet "in the round" better than side to side. Your roses are going to be spectacular, though--a gorgeous original piece.

• 2 months later...

Progress report.

Well most of you know I finished the Tea Roses Table topper.

I am now working on the Snowfields tablecloth.

I actually started all over again on that one as I changed the design. Much happier with what I have going on now.

I am currently on rnd 59 of 103 rnds. The rounds are definitely getting long. I just started the next set of snowflakes. There will be 18 more total when done.

I could really use some encouragement on this one. I am not good on these long term projects. Why I don't do afghans.

Here is my progress picture of the Snowfields Tablecloth.

th_SnowFieldprogress.jpg

It measures 36 inches across at this point.

Hope I can stick to this and get it done......

Of course you can get it done!!! PLease!!!! It is looking gorgeous, I love it!!!!!!! Perfect!!!! Are you doing this in size 10?? I can't wait to see it finished.....Thanks so much Kathy!!!!

Of course you can get it done!!! PLease!!!! It is looking gorgeous, I love it!!!!!!! Perfect!!!! Are you doing this in size 10?? I can't wait to see it finished.....Thanks so much Kathy!!!!
Glad you like it Vonnie since you are the one who nudged me into designing this one.

Yes it is size 10 thread. Will have the pattern ready for you shortly I hope.

Archived