AJ's Wrist Bag Pattern

Thanks Penny! :) I'm going to buy more cotton yarn and make some more. I must! :D You'll love this bag when you make it.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi AJ,

Love this Wrist Bag. Can you tell us what the finished measurement is

of the ones you have pictured ? Also you say in your pattern to use

Crochet cotton/Worsted Weight Yarn. I purchase my yarns at a Michaels

Store close to my home and I don't see any of this Crochet Cotton in a

Worsted Weight Yarn. Can you please tell me what Brand you use what I

should be looking for because nothing I find in the Worsted Weights also

says Crochet cotton on it.

Thanks for the pattern,

Sharon J.:)

Hi Sharon, I will measure my bags tomorrow..too late to hunt for a tape measure, LOL. But in regards to the cotton, I bought mine at Michaels and walmart. I used Bernat handicrafter. The same stuff you can use for dishcloths. Cotton Tots would probably yield the same results. I plan on making some with Bernat Denim too.

The measurement will be determined by the yarn, and by how tightly you crochet. You may have to adjust the size of the hook. I will get the measurements first thing tomorrow.

I must be missing something ! Is the whole wrist bag done with the Sugar

& Cream Cotton Worsted yarn ? Or are you mixing the Cottorn with another

Regular Worsted yarn ? I love the bag and know my teenage granddaughters

will love it too. Want to get the yarn to make some but not sure what to buy.

Also if it's intirely made with the Cotton Worsted Sugar and Cream, how much

do I need to buy to make a bag ?

Thanks for the patten, just love it !

Sharon J.

Hi Sharon, okay here are the measurements of the one I made the other day (like I said the size will vary somewhat) :

The bag part (excluding handles) is 8.5" X 8.5"

from the bottom of the bag to the top of each handle is: 12.5" and 14"

You can make the handles as long as you like, that is just my version. Some people have made the bag bigger, and some have made a mini bag.

As far as the yarn is concerned you can use anything...some people have used worsted weight acrylic, Cotton Tots, Bernat Handicrafter, chunky yarn, Fun Fur, even 4 strands of cotton thread. It doesn't matter what you use, each bag is unique.

Anyone else have a yarn suggestion or comment?

:manyheart

Thanks AJ for answering all my questions. Now tomorrow I'm on my way to

the yarn store. I just love your pattern for this Wrist Bag ! With 7 Granddaughters 4 of which are teenagers I know they will all want one.

Thanks Again for Sharing this Great!!!! Pattern with us.

Sharon J.

Oh Sharon, you are welcome! Thank you for the compliment. Let's see a pic when you have one done.:manyheart

Oh and by the way, there is also a pattern for this bag in the round.:hook

My niece's birthday is in two weeks. I'm going to make this bag for her. Thanks so much for sharing this really cute bag pattern!!

Hugs,

Elizabeth

• 1 month later...

Thank you so much for the pattern. We were at the shore in Cape May for the weekend and stoped by Lowes. I found carpenters nylon thread and made the wristbag with it. I am enclosing a picture of it. Thanks again.

Just to reconfirm that everything new is old, I found a knitted 'arm bag' pattern in the November 1949 issue of The Workbasket that looks very much like the wrist bag by CrochetDiva and the knitted one at this site http://www.judiandco.com/judiindex.html. It is done all in stockinette in thin vertical 'wavy' stripes that create quite an optical illusion. Very op art.

EugeneClarence

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm a teacher and was looking for a pattern for a small bag I could carry my knitting in around school (faculty meetings, recess and lunch duties can get pretty boring...). This bag is great and I've gotten MANY compliments on it. Now I can stand and knit or crochet without losing my yarn or tools. My seven year old wants me to make one as a purse for her. Great pattern!

Yep, that one is very similar to my pattern. I also have a pattern for the wristbag in the round on crochetville. Mine is not as "round" as this one. It looks pretty much the same as the regular one, except it is crocheted in rounds, which eliminates sewing later. Anyway, what can you do??? It is fine with me, and I like the long straps. I got my idea from seeing a bag in a catalogue...

Just perusing another board and I saw this... Thought you'd want to know.

OOps - looks like it's the one done in the round!

• 2 weeks later...

I just found you guys and I'm so glad I did. I made the bag already in 4 ply and it's looks cute, but I'm wondering for the holidays gift, what size needle and how much of the glitterspun yarn I would need to complete this bag. Do you have any idea.

Sharon C

:c9

• 1 month later...

Archived