AJ's Wrist Bag Pattern

Yes, its the lionbrand. In the light tan color (don't have the wrapper anymore). I don't have a picture of it yet. I need my hubby to help me. I have to say, that it is really nice to work with. I have made scarves with it and it is great. My 16 year old (who is picky about everything) wore them to school and her friends loved them. The yarn is very forgiving. I have frogged it may times and it does not compromise the yarn in any way. It still looks great. You know how some specialty yarns break down when you frog :eek !

I will try to get a picture. I am still learning how to do that stuff.:lol

Lisa

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just made one using ww cotton and love it! (Pic is posted under Show N Tell). Thanks so much for sharing this pattern!

(Of course, yesterday I went out and bought 2 balls of Sugar N Cream in each color-variagated all of em-and now I read it took three balls-shucks!!)

I used a large cone of cotton I had traded with someone, so I had no clue how much it tooK!

You are so welcome! It is such a thrill to see everyone's finished versions. I have never even thought of writing a pattern before, so I am so excited that it was such a hit. Thanks to everyone for your great comments! I look forward to seeing so many more bags....keep it up! :c9

Suppose your bad is crocheted on a bigger hook using wool and then fulled/felted. Do you think it would be just too thick to act like a wrist bag?? I just might try this...:think

Deneen, do you mean make the straps longer for everyone...or just if you are fulling/felting the bag? I found I needed to make the handles short because they stretch when you put stuff in the bag.

Andrea J...yes I know I keep changing my signature...I just thought this would help with the confusion between the other Andrea and myself

Diva, Do you think you could make this pattern a little bigger? How would it look if you made one handle long enough to fit over the shoulder?

I had to put all my work aside to make the wrist bag for the party I am attending Sunday. It was a fun and quick project to make. Thanks.

I haven't finished mine yet...but it's halfway there. And already I can tell you I LOVE this pattern!! It's easy enough that I'm not constantly messing up. My mom already wants one as well as both my nieces. Love love love it!!

I am going to try this pattern soon. It is a cute bag! Thank you for the pattern.

I'm new to Crochetville & I am loving it here! Some great ladies helpng each other, sharing ideas & lots of new projects to try.

Thank you for the welcome. I've been crocheting for years but put it down for quite a while & last yr decided I missed it! This is a wonderful group. I'm glad that I found it.

Welcome Kazily, this is a great bunch of people!!!!:manyheart

I have made 4 of these very handy little bags. the first one went to DD # 4. The next two went to DD # 1 &2 . The third one I got to keep because DD # 3 hasn't seen these yet....:D .....

Mine has a little bag something like this fasted to the inside of it by a length of crocheted chain. This same chain has a small loop that is on the outside of the bag. This I fasten my key clips to. Of course the little bag is bigger than the one in the picture. It holds my various cards....The basic pattern is the same. I just made the begining chain longer. Other wise the construction is the same. :manyheart I love the size and style of AJ's Bag!

Judith

http://freevintageknitcrochet.blogspot.com/

I HAD TO make this bag! I've made 3 already, but I'm making more! I just love this pattern. :manyheart It's such a cute little bag. I've posted a picture of my wrist bags on my blog. Click on the link below to see it. ;)

http://chiescrochetandknitting.blogspot.com/

THANK YOU SO MUCH, Andrea! :hug I gave one to my SIL, and she said she took it to her work to show it off, and everybody loved it. :)

They are really cute! I also love your owl & pansy doily. If I ever get caught up on my other things I've got to make a couple of these for my daughter & friends.:yay

Archived