New Hampshire Anyone?

What about the first Wed of the month??...alsooo..hehe...I know that there are some that may knit also...are we keeping this a gathering for hooks only or are no?

Holly...do they meet every wed night??

Hhhmmm...an elitist crochet group... *giggle* I suppose we COULD be gracious enough to allow some rogue knitting. :)

I think that knitting group does meet there every Wed night...but, to be honest, I don't even know whether the group still exists. I've never gone; I just read the posts on a different site.

First Wed of every month at 7pm would work for me!

This is really exciting. I'm assuming we'll meet in the cafe area? Or elsewhere? So just to get it right, our first meeting will be Wed the 5th at 7pm? We should exchange email addresses in case we can't all meet up one night. I check email more than I check this.

I just checked the B & N website. They do have an official knitting group ("A Knot of Knitters") that currently meets there the first Wed of every month.

Should we change our day to second Wed of every month??

~~~

To-Be-Named Crochet Group

Barnes & Noble - cafe area

1741 South Willow St

Manchester, NH 03103

Second (?) Wed of every month, effective 9/12/07

7pm - ?

Y don't we do that...I'll change my post and let April know...I don't want to step on anyone's toes...HMMM Yes...we'll have to lay claim to the second Wed. of the month, and come up with a name!!!

I just checked the B & N website. They do have an official knitting group ("A Knot of Knitters") that currently meets there the first Wed of every month.

Should we change our day to second Wed of every month??

~~~

To-Be-Named Crochet Group

Barnes & Noble - cafe area

1741 South Willow St

Manchester, NH 03103

Second (?) Wed of every month, effective 9/12/07

7pm - ?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

yikes - been a while since a post in this thread. Anyway, I'll revive it lol

I am in New Hampshire as well, Loudon now and formerly Allenstown.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

My husband and I are thinking of moving to New Hampshire. Can any of you locals give me an idea of what the people are like? And what its like to live there?

You can reply to this or PM me. I love to meet new people!

• 1 month later...
My husband and I are thinking of moving to New Hampshire. Can any of you locals give me an idea of what the people are like? And what its like to live there?

I'm a "new villager", so I just saw this today. I hope you received some replies!

NH folks are generally pretty easy-going (although we can be awfully stubborn if riled). It was once a fairly conservative state, and remains so up in the more northern regions, but overall has become more and more independent, politically, over the past 40 years.

Summers are humid, but nothing like down South -- I rarely use the A/C. Autumns are gorgeous, crisp and colorful. And I doubt our Winters would scare someone from Nebraska (though look out for the Nor'easters, they can be pretty wicked).

One of the nicest things about NH is its proximity to so many different environments -- mountains, woods, and coastline for the nature-lover, and Boston only an hour & change away for those who want city-life amusements.

Hope this helps...

Alas, Bedford/Manchester is a bit too far for me to make it on a weeknight :( -- I'm over on the seacoast, in Dover.

Check out the local hospitals...I know Frisbee has a group that meets on Thursday mornings. perhaps wentworth douglass has one. Maybe there is a group that meets at Barnes and Noble though how to find that out i am not sure.

Check out the local hospitals...I know Frisbee has a group that meets on Thursday mornings. perhaps wentworth douglass has one. Maybe there is a group that meets at Barnes and Noble though how to find that out i am not sure.

I'm sure I could call and ask them -- perhaps after the holidays. :-)

I'm a "new villager", so I just saw this today. I hope you received some replies!

NH folks are generally pretty easy-going (although we can be awfully stubborn if riled). It was once a fairly conservative state, and remains so up in the more northern regions, but overall has become more and more independent, politically, over the past 40 years.

Summers are humid, but nothing like down South -- I rarely use the A/C. Autumns are gorgeous, crisp and colorful. And I doubt our Winters would scare someone from Nebraska (though look out for the Nor'easters, they can be pretty wicked).

One of the nicest things about NH is its proximity to so many different environments -- mountains, woods, and coastline for the nature-lover, and Boston only an hour & change away for those who want city-life amusements.

Hope this helps...

Thank you!! That was very helpful!! My husband is going to scout things out up there in the next few months and make sure it's some place he/we would be happy. We're thinking the Nashua area since I'm a teacher and there are lots of teaching opportunities in an urban area. Thanks so much for your input!

• 1 year later...

I think there are actually. Have you tried looking around in ravelry.com? Or meetup.com? Both of these websites are very handy for finding people to meet up with. :)

Oh!and by the way, I just saw that I never updated my last post. We are in NH now and are on the seacoast in Dover. Loving it so far!

Archived