New Hampshire Anyone?

I'm in southern NH (Derry), but it's great to see other NH folks here!

My mom talks about living in Derry and going to Pinkerton Academy I would

like to visit there. My grandma worked at the Wal-Mart there before they even opened.

like to visit there. My grandma worked at the Wal-Mart there before they even opened.

Brina...where do you live now??

That's neat you have ties to Derry, all the way from Wisconsin. Pinkerton is supposed to be a good school academically. It's huge...about 3,500 students. That's a big school....for NH :lol My next door neighbor's daughters all went there and they speak very highly of it. Maybe you will get to come for a visit one of these days.

Pinkerton Academy is a great school I went there until I got pregnant with my son and then could not return .. I would love to move back . we live on Hampstead rd in a really nice house that had a pool behind the garage

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey all,

Have you started a crochet get-together yet?

I live in Bedford and I know there are a few groups that meet at Borders in Nashua and Concord. But they've been meeting for years and I think I'd feel like a crasher if I suddenly started going. :(

I'd definitely be interested in helping to start a new group somewhere in the general southern NH area.

:)

• 3 weeks later...
I would love to get together with fellow crocheters in this area.:c9 Where and when do we want to meet? Do we want it to be on a regular basis?

Beth

I'd love to set up a weekly meeting in this area (southern NH, maybe around Manchester, Nashua, or Salem?)!

As for when, that might be hard...it seems like it'll be difficult to pick a day/time that can work for everyone. I'll suggest Tuesday evenings or Sundays (because those seem to be the least likely days that people would regularly have something else planned).

Let me know what you think!

I'm so excited!! :D

• 3 weeks later...
Excellent! Ok, so it'll be Tuesday nights. Now what time do you think? And which bookstore? I'm so excited! :)

What about the Barnes & Noble on S. Willow St, just a little past the Mall of NH??? I'm open on times...

Perfect location! As for times, I'm not sure what would be too early or too late. What do you think of 6pm or 7pm? (They're open until 11pm.)

Also, should we check with B & N to make sure they're cool with us being there...or do you think that's probably not an issue?

Oh, oh, oh, and I think we should name the group too! Yeah, I'm a total dork ~ I firmly believe everything needs a name. :D

Hi everybody! I want to join the crochet get together! I live in Manchester and the B&N is right near my apartment. The only problem is that on Tues and Thurs I am working until 9 pm. :( Looks like I won't be able to join you. Waaah. I really want to be a part of a group!

Perfect location! As for times, I'm not sure what would be too early or too late. What do you think of 6pm or 7pm? (They're open until 11pm.)

Also, should we check with B & N to make sure they're cool with us being there...or do you think that's probably not an issue?

Oh, oh, oh, and I think we should name the group too! Yeah, I'm a total dork ~ I firmly believe everything needs a name. :D

Ok...a name....Um...NH Hookers!!!! :hook:devil I guess my dry sense of humor is showing again...lol...We can talk group names while we work.

I was just looking on knithappens.com and it seems that there's a weekly knitting group that already uses that B & N on Wed nights. Well, now that I think about it, that probably doesn't necessarily have to rule out Wed nights for us...

Ok, so monthly Wed night meetings at the Barnes & Noble on South Willow St in Manchester at 7pm....yes? If that's agreeable to all, we just need to decide which Wed...maybe the first Wed of each month...something like that?

Hehehe...NH Hookers!! I think that's an EXCELLENT place to start the name discussion! :)

Archived