Sock Issues

vanillalotus

I just knit one of my first socks. This is the first thing i have knit and it came out pretty good except for one thing. I have seam lines on my sock from using the dpn!!! Is there some way to avoid this? I swear i tightened when transitioning to the next needle but it seems like i would have to tighten with my teeth to get it to close up those seams. Please share your secrets.

I got the ladders too on my recent pair of sock. I have heard that after washing they often disappear. One recommendation I found was "to move your needles around."

Basically after you knit off one of the needles then knit a few more stitches on to the new needle then pick up your free needle again and start knitting and do the same as you go around. You might need to keep some kind of stitch markers in place to keep track of where everything thing started.

I'm going to try that for my next pair. I also want to try the magic loop method.

Thank you everyone for the advice. I'll have to try moving the stitches on and off needles when my package of sock yarn comes. Lets hope for the best, if not them magic loop it is.

Oooh, you're brave. I have only done socks one dpn's. I haven't tried magic loop yet. Someday when I don't have anything else to do (LOL) maybe I'll try magic loop!

I try to ignore what projects are considered beginner and just levels in general. I feel that there is no harm in trying something that looks harder even if you haven't tried something easier. You never know until you try. Ha.

Archived