Happy Cable Socks -Pattern Link in 1st post

laureni526

DSC04670.jpg

Here are some socks of my own design. I decided this cabling pattern would be a good start before I attempted to convert Eunny Jang's knit Bayerische socks to crochet. I really learned how to cable using Etaria's Thick Warm Crocheted Winter hat pattern in 2005 - and have put it to good use ever since. Oh, and I used the Grafton Fibers Toe Up Crocheted Socks guide to figure out how to do heels and toes, since this is my first pair of socks. How's that for inspiration.

I got the yarn through ebay. It is a fingering weight tweed that is 70% cotton, with the rest being wool, acrylic and silk. That's right folks, no stretch, so I had to do a little contouring to my feet (not too bad). Since it was already in my stash and I wasn't sure if I wanted to make socks, it was fine for a test run, but not fine for the next pair.

I'll probably be posting the pattern in the next week.

Update: Pattern is available here.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love your socks.

My mom lives in Mebane! and my dad races out at OC racetrack with the southern ground pounders!:)

Love your socks.

My mom lives in Mebane! and my dad races out at OC racetrack with the southern ground pounders!:)

Woo Hoo! We're about 5 miles south of the racetrack. It's a small world.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Archived