teenager

sfgwife

My sons best friend found out last night that his uncle isn't going to make it here on this earth very much longer. :( His uncle had been having very bad headaches for months and went again to the hosp. He has been there a week now and in that time whatever this thing it has eaten a hole from his nose, jaw now to his brain. So they aren't giving him much longer evn the docs don't know what this "thing" is. Anyhoo the teen is very very broken up over it and I thought maybe a comfortghan for him would be nice.

His favorite colrs are bright red, royal blue, and kelly green. I am going to do 8 inch squares of any pattern myself for him and was wondering if you wonderful ladies would help me in making this ghan for him.

Also We will call him "Bry" could you please pray for him and his family through this. I have never seen this child cry even when he broke both bones in his ankle and had to do surgery which he is still in a cast for. (did this over Christmas and gets his short cast of finally at the end of the month) but last night he went with my son and I to a choir concert adn balled all the way there and home. It was in a church and he sat with me adn cried and read the bible there and I of course had to read some to him also. He is just such a wonderful boy and I hate to see him going through this.

Thanks everyone.

PM me your address and I will send some squares. I will also be praying for Bry and his family.

I just realized I have the envelope with your return address from the squares you sent me. I'm mailing 2 blue squares today.

thanks to everyone who is helping me make this one for Byr. His uncle is still having problems but he is hanging on. I guess he is feeling a little better since he is asking for sodas now.

Bry is still sad but he is also doing a little better. He still has his moments but he is acting more like the teenage guy I know.

Carol, I got your blue squares today. Thanks they look wonderul!

And thank again to everyone helping me make this for Bry I am sure he will adore it!

did you get my 2 red ones? i hope so i have been having trouble writing ti correct address or not putting on enough postage...i have more red and some blue if you want me to make some

I am all done with the ghan fro Bry .When he gets done swimming w my son I am gonna give it to him. My son on the other hand wants one now. UGH! He is gonna have to wait til Christmas and hopefully by then I will have his graph one done. :) He just doesn't know I have started on him one yet I been hiding working on it and when he isn't home. :rofl

Again thanks to everyone who helped me make this for him!

101_0043.jpg

lol Vonnie I dunno. It wasn't one that got a whole lot of attention maybe that's why.

I gave Bry his blanket and he walked around my house like superman the doof! He went home with it wrapped around his shoulders asking me as he went out the door do you think it will help me to fly Mrs. Nikki? Gotta wonder about those teenagers sometimes. :think I told him why and that several wonderful ladies had helped me make it and he gave me a HUGE hug and said that is for all of you. :) He really is a good kid even if he thinks it will "help him fly"

Nikki the afghan looks great. I'm glad it helped lift his spirits. Teenagers are very interesting, they want to be grown ups but still have that inner child that wants to be wrapped in love:hug and thinks a magic blanket can help them fly.:flying Thank you for taking the time to put the squares together to help such a wonderful young man.:manyheart

Archived