need help for mother and baby

AuntDebbie

I have a dear friend whose daughter's husband has left her. He has filed for divorce and his parents are threatening to take her toddler son and the baby son she is carrying in womb. The sad thing is that her husband was verbally and physically abusing her- he is a drug addict. The parents said that they would fight for custody because any mom who chose to stay at home is not a good mother. so sad...

She needs our prayers, encouragement and some hugs! She has never had a baby shower.. No one has ever given her anything for her babies except her own parents..

I want to do a baby shower for her.. I have gotten permission from her mom to give out their address for anyone who would like to send baby items to Marissa or something for her. She is a christian and tried so hard to be the wife God wanted her to be.. I understand the guilt she feels..as I have been there.. My heart goes out to women in these situations as I have been there myself in the past and I felt so very alone.. I don't want her to feel alone.

Any baby items, items for the mom or items for the 20 month old son would be appreciated. They are moving back in with my friend-her mother during this time. If all you can do is commit to pray for this family that is most appreciated also.

She is 6.5 months pregnant with a baby boy. if you would like to crochet something for her or her baby- or send any other baby items for her please pm me and I will give you the address.

Thank you,

debra

If they are near Florida, I have a crib she can have.

Also, she should check out Catholic Charities - you don't have to be Catholic, just a pregnant mom in need. They really helped me when I was pregnant. I just donated a ton of baby stuff to them, too.

I don't have any boy stuff, though. I do have some baby toys, gently loved. Okay, hardly used since my wee girl couldn't play with them when she was a baby.

PM me with the address and I'll ship 'em out before the USPS prices go up!

Debra, I can definitely commit my prayers...I will try to send some clothes to her when my finances will allow me to, hopefully with this next paycheck. Hugs to them and you for helping her.:hug

I am currently fighting for custody of my son as well, so I understand the situation she is in (my son's bio father is being backed by my parents financially in order to try to reverse the sole custody agreement we have had for the past ten years.)

It's a hard situation to be in and this woman has my prayers. I've donated most of the girls stuff, but I'll see what I may still have around.

Please let her know that her ex's parents have NO RIGHT to the children (some states all grandparent's rights, but those are only for visitation in most cases). If there is no valid reason for the children to be removed from the home (ie neglect, abuse, etc) then they cannot even file for custody. I hope that will help her feel better.

Lynlee is right. Grandparents have visitation rights in SOME states, but the entire reason my parents are paying my son's bio father to attempt getting custody is because they have NO legal standing to do so.

• 4 weeks later...

I will keep her in my prayers..so sad to hear things like this going on in families, this poor girl needs love and support not threats from grandparents.

IF at the divorce, like my ex*&^%, he wants to make an issue of her staying at home and not working... She NEEDS to bring up 1) the cost of day care--chances are every penny she'd make working would go for day care... with nearly NOTHING left over. 2) THat she stayed home, because (probably) he insisted that she be home with the kids until they went to school... and HE insisted on them spaced so closely and HE insisted.... etc...

He's going to try to ditch child support too... She needs to document as much of the drug and abuse stuff as possible. This will assure that if he (or his parents) get visitation that it will be Supervised by the court. She also needs to let her lawyer know IF he's ever threatened to take the kid(s) from her... even if he was just mouthing off....

I better not contact her directly, my experience will just make her more afraid of her soon to be ex.

Wow, what a sad situation. My prayers, and maybe a package are going her way. I'll PM you for the address if I get something put together for her. Wow... I have a 13 month old son, and I stay at home. I can't imagine what she is going through, and then to have another one on the way. That should be an exciting time when you're pregnant, and she shouldn't have all this to worry about on top of it... Wow...

Victoria

I want to thank everyone who have sent items along to Marissa. She has been blessed and feels the love :-) I got an email from her mom saying that things have gotten very "hairy" so continued prayers are very much appreciated.

hugs,debra

I will be praying for this young mom and her children that no harm come to them and that they are well taken care of during this time of need. I am sorry I cannot do more at this time.

i just found out, through a friend in a similar situation, in our state (PA) if a family member notifies children and youth, it is kept extreamly confidental, and children and youth advocate for the children, ie they press for custody to the "Safest" parent, or grandparent. mabey this would be something to look into in her situation?

Prayers are with her regardless

i just found out, through a friend in a similar situation, in our state (PA) if a family member notifies children and youth, it is kept extreamly confidental, and children and youth advocate for the children, ie they press for custody to the "Safest" parent, or grandparent. mabey this would be something to look into in her situation?

Prayers are with her regardless

I have to say, I think that's a good idea... they might even end up being able to document the father's drug use so that it can be admitted into evidence in court. (rather than "That's just what she says...")

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do you think she could use some "gently used" baby/little boy clothing? I have been cleaning out some closets, and I've found some baby clothes and some bigger kid clothes that my son wore, and they are practically new! I will pm you for her address.

Please let her know that her ex's parents have NO RIGHT to the children (some states all grandparent's rights, but those are only for visitation in most cases). If there is no valid reason for the children to be removed from the home (ie neglect, abuse, etc) then they cannot even file for custody. I hope that will help her feel better.

so true, also they have absolutely zero right to a child not born yet. Also if she can provide a home for the children and basic nessecites then they have no reason to take the children from her.. she is in my prayers.

Archived