Cordonnet Flora?

xantha

Has anyone ever used Cordonnet or, in particular, Cordonnet Flora?

Look at those colors!! I just ordered some [ :embar ], but we'll see. The meter-age is pretty low for the balls, only 125m for the #10. But those colors !! :drool :drool

[i did not order any in #100, :haha ]

Let us know how it works up! I know since starting to use thread I find myself surfing the web for unusual colors with good twist and sheen.

I'm starting to feel like I have every color of Cebelia and Opera... :blink so I had to move elsewhere! ;)

I'm also tempted by the Kreinik threads but they really have short yardage and would only be good for small projects or little detail on larger ones.

They have some great patterns here, though! :)

I've been drooling over this rayon thread!! She's got some amazing varigated colors.

Oh! Those are wonderful! :manyheart Oh man!! Evil I tell you!

[hmm I get my work bonus on Friday... :haha ]

I received my order from lacis yesterday. Oh wow! This thread (the Cordonnet Flora in #10) is just gorgeous, and so smooth and shimmery! The balls are 25g, so they're pretty small. You can compare it to the Cebelia ball in that bright orange color to get an idea.

I haven't done anything with it yet, but here are some pictures.

[fyi: those hooks on top are inox hooks. They have handles and feel so nice to use. I love them! :manyheart ]

DSC_1624.thumb.jpg

DSC_1629.thumb.jpg

DSC_1632.thumb.jpg

What do you plan to make with it?

I have no idea! :lol

I have a list of approximately one million doilies that I want to make, so I'm thinking that I might try to combine one solid color with one variegated color on a couple and see how it looks (solid on the inside, variegated border, most likely). Also, I will probably do some small flowers and bookmarks with it. :)

The problem I have now is that I realized that I have no idea how much thread I normally use on a 6" doily vs. a 12" doily vs. a 18" doily (er, not that I've made an 18" doily yet). I know it depends on the pattern and everything else, but I'm afraid now that I will start a 12" doily and run out of thread, since these balls are so tiny and not every doily pattern estimates how much thread they use. :)

It's really gorgeous thread! I can't wait to use it. I may have to do a small bookmark tonight just to use it. :)

Archived