drawstring shell stitch bag

i really find the shell stitch so beautiful so i decided to make a very simple yet practical bag out of it. i'll post the picture later when i get home. please pm me if you find any errors in the pattern for this is the first time i wrote one :eek . thanks :D!

06-05-07_2044.jpg06-05-07_2042.jpg

ch 65 (you can make the bag larger. just make ch in multiples of 8 + 1 ch)

<---front part--->

row 1: dc in 5th ch from hook, 6 dc in next ch, skip 4 ch, sc in next ch, *skip 4ch, 7 dc (shell) in next ch, skip 4 ch, sc in next ch; repeat from * throughout the end of row 1, turn.

row 2: ch 3, dc in first sc; *ch 5, 3 dc in next sc; repeat from * ending with 2 dc in last sc, turn.

row 3: ch 3, 3 dc in first dc, *sl st in ch 5 sp, 7 dc in middle dc of next 3 dc; rep from * ending with 4 dc on last dc, turn.

row 4: ch 1, sc on first dc, *7 dc on next sc, sc on 4th dc of shell; rep from * ending with sc on last dc, turn.

repeat rows 2 through 4 until you reach your desired height, fasten off.

<---back-->

attach yarn to first ch of base.

row 1: sc on first ch, *skip 4 ch, 7dc on next ch, skip 4 ch, sc in next ch; repeat from * through out the end of the row.

repeat rows 2 through 4 of front part until you've got the same number of rows as with the front part, fasten off.

<--assembly-->

sc throughout on each side, fasten off.

<--drawstrings-->

you could use 2 pcs of cord or ribbon then weave through the topmost row 2 pattern;

or, make 2: ch 151, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc up to the last ch. weave through the topmost row 2 pattern of the bag then fasten, off.

Archived