JulieKay

Van Gogh's Closet

I finally finished my Round Ripple a couple of months ago. Here's a picture of the completed project.

Joy, it's stunning! The colors are wonderful. :clap

that is VERY eyecatching. you did an absotively posolutley wonderful job w/ that.

sandy

I finally finished my Round Ripple a couple of months ago. Here's a picture of the completed project.

It turned out very, very strikingly lovely, Joy. :clap:yay:clap

I did one of these a month ago or so and just finished a second one for my next door neighbors for Christmas. The first is in turquoises and purples for a swap partner and the second is in browns and greens. They both ended up about 60" across. Both were done in ILTY and a size P hook.

post-9295-135897489537_thumb.jpg

post-9295-135897489541_thumb.jpg

Wow those are some pretty afghans

done in this shading techniques. you almost

need sun glasses.:D all I can say is beautiful.

I still am :think confused at how it is done.

Barbara :artist

not sure what part is confusing to you. its done while holding multiple threads. lets say using 2 strands.

1st color section is while holding the 2 strand in the same color (like blue and blue)

after so many inches/rnds/etc you drop 1 of the strands (so are hold only one of the blues) and pick up the next color (lets say white). now crochet w/ the blue and white strands held together

again after so many inches/rnds/etc drop the 2nd strand of blue (already dropped the 1st strand) while maintaining the white strand. add in a 2nd strand of the white (so you now have 2 strands of white). crochet w/ the 2 whites held together.

again after so many inches/rnds/etc drop 1 strand of the white. still holding 1 strand though. now add in another color (lets say red). you will be holding 1 strand of white and 1 strand of red). crochet w/ those 2

again after so many inches/rnds/etc drop the 2nd strand of white and pick up the 2nd strand of red. so now holding 2 strands of red. keep repeating as desired.

w/ this pattern, you have a section that is all blue, then blue and white, then all white, then white and red, then all red. i think a few on this thread used 3 strands held together to get a more gradiant color switch (but been a bit since i'd fully read through thou, so could be wrong) :)

hope this helps you

sandy

Wow those are some pretty afghans

done in this shading techniques. you almost

need sun glasses.:D all I can say is beautiful.

I still am :think confused at how it is done.

Barbara :artist