Van Gogh's Closet

JulieKay

th_HPIM0340.jpg

I finished this last night and it's in the wash as I write this. I should be seeing the recipient tomorrow - will she be surprised! Point to point it's 76 inches!!

I made a shell edging...it's very girly!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:jumpyay:wooWoo Hoo!! RR # 10 is DONE! Just have to hide the tails! And this one is King-sized - 14 inches wider than my usual! You're still ending up with a RR even if you don't finish yours Joy! And it's pretty, if I do say so myself. Pictures tomorrow. It's too dark now.:woo:jumpyay

Kitt thank you for your compliments I really enjoy this more than I thought. It took me a while to get the right color combo I put the first one in the frog pond.

Linda wow 10 I have 2 completely finished right now the blended one and the spiderman one, I have the green varigated with forest green just about finished I had to run and get more yarn. I have another one started with varigated purples , lilac and white, and I know for sure I have to make at least one more and have yarn to make 2 more after that if I can get them done.

Judy your ripple is beautiful. I love the edging.:clap:clap

I have done some on mine tonight but I dont like the blending. I know my grandma will like it so Im going to continue but the light blue that I have used is looking more like light purple against the blue.

Thanks, Wendy.

Sometimes when you're working on a project that isn't the color you would have chosen it just doesn't "cick" for you. But I'm sure your grandmother will love it!

Andrea, very pretty ! I like those blues, and the browns sound like an interesting combo . I dont think I've seen a brown one yet .

Judy- how much yarn did yours take to make it so big, can you remember ?

Val- just shout out if you need help -someone will jump in to help I'm sure ~

As I sort and organize my yarn, I'm going to see if I have the materials to start a RR. If not, then, I'll have to buy something to with what I have. I will be calling on you girls for help.:yes

We'll love living vicariously through you!! Keep us posted on the colors you're coming up with.

Judy- how much yarn did yours take to make it so big, can you remember ?

I knew someone was going to ask:blush

...all I know is it was at least 8...a little white, and 6 or a bit more was pink, and most of that pink was light pink, the rest was petal pink. I did overbuy, as usual...so I can see me making baby blankets...esp since I have light blue and white in my stash. It'll make a nice gingham look - in big squares! Or a batch of baby RRs...

I still have the small gingham from Cara's site that isn't finished, so I know better.:lol

I keep telling myself to write down the details of what I make...but...:blush:blush

Thanks Judy- dont feel bad, I do the same, I never keep track of exact amounts used on my stuff either .

Have you tried the pattern on CPC in afghans called Nellie's Easy Lapghan ? It makes really nice big simple squares-- turns out pretty .

If you decide to do it, just one little tip- you can take it or leave it, but when I finish the rounds, I sl st into the next corner to end each row.

If you don't, it makes a visible line every round of the square .

Thanks Judy- dont feel bad, I do the same, I never keep track of exact amounts used on my stuff either .

Have you tried the pattern on CPC in afghans called Nellie's Easy Lapghan ? It makes really nice big simple squares-- turns out pretty .

If you decide to do it, just one little tip- you can take it or leave it, but when I finish the rounds, I sl st into the next corner to end each row.

If you don't, it makes a visible line every round of the square .

Nice pattern...in my collection now:)

You mean the last row, instead of ending in the top of the ch3, work to the mid point of the corner?

Linda that is beautiful. I wish I could make my stuff look like yours does.

Julie thanks for the compliments.

Valerie of course you can call on us, if it wasnt for these women I pry wouldnt have made it thru mine lol.

Okay. I'm totally drooling. :manyheart I can hardly wait until both the afghan and Christmas arrive so that I can start cuddling under it!! Hmmm... I don't think that the hubby is going to have much of a chance to use this one. :devil

:rofl :rofl :rofl Hope you enjoy many a cuddle under it, sweetie. :manyheart

Hi, Carol. I used Red Heart Super Saver yarn and a size P hook. 2 Skeins each of Royal Blue, Delft Blue, Lavender, and Soft Navy Blue. 2 and 1/2 Skeins of Amethyst. 33 rows total. Color sequence: 2 rows Amethyst, 2 rows Amethyst with Lavender, 2 rows Lavender, 2 rows Lavender with Delft Blue, 2 rows Delft Blue, 2 rows Delft Blue with Royal Blue, 3 rows Royal Blue, reverse color scheme ending with 3 rows Amethyst, 3 rows Amethyst with Soft Navy Blue and 2 rows of Soft Navy.:hook

Archived