Van Gogh's Closet

JulieKay

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda what I wanted to ask was when you get to the last color mine being the white, do you do more rows before going with the colors to dark. Or do just do the 2 rows of white then another 2 rows of white to start of the blending going back to dark. Boy I hope you understand what Im trying to say.

I'm not doing a ripple in the 3sub...didn't want to count:P

It's going to be a "make it up as you go along" design:D

Oh Ive not heard of the make it up as you go along pattern.:lol Is it your own design.

No really it will look really good.

Sometimes the Make Up patterns give me more trouble, though...lots of visits to the frog pond:P

I'm finding my wooden Q hook easier to hold - and gentler on my hand - than the P hook was. It could be because I made the mistake of grabbing my PLASTIC P to start it - then was afraid the stitches would get wonky if I switched midstream to the wooden one.

I had major soreness after the last 3 sub...:( I'm fine now, though.

Yes I can imagine with 3 strands and a P hook it would be hard on the hand. Size P hook is the biggest size I have used. Cant imagine using any bigger size than that.

You would be amazed...the Q is from Jimbo and has a place to put my thumb on the side and is so silky it glides through the yarn and actually just rests in my hand - I'm hardly grasping it at all. And I normally have a very tight tension.

It sounds great Judy, where do you get those hooks from.

The Q I won in a bidding war on his site. Google Jimbo's Front Porch and you'll find out all about him and what he makes. Maybe he can make you a hook? Inever thought to ask for a special order....

Hi, again.

Wendy - What I normally do with my RRs is to do the 2 rows of the lightest color and then immediately start the blended row of the the lightest and next lightest color. Occasionally I do 3 rows of the lightest color in the middle, but usually just 2. If I do more than three rows, I don't have enough yarn in just 2 skeins of RHSS for the rest of the colors. But if you have plenty of yarn you could do it pretty much however you want.:manyheart

P is the largest hook I have, and it works much better in my hand since my neighbor made grooves in it for my thumb and forefinger to rest in. He took out about 1/3 of the width on both sides of the shaft.

Well I took my blue one out of the fish pond and frogged it, I started over starting over with the lightest color and decided to put white in there and start with that, then instead of 2 rows I went with 3 and then went from a P hook to an N hook which for me is working oh so much better. So I hope to work on it some more tonite to make it look like something to show.

Wendy- yours is very pretty I really like the colors you are using.

Andrea its funny how we all have a frog pond. I hope you get it worked out. The P Hook does take getting used to but its better to use what your comfortable using.

Linda thanks for that, I think I will do the 3 rows of white then go back to blending it back up to the dark color.

I just frogged the pink AGAIN!! This time I'm following Linda's suggestion. I'll use WHITE first, then the lightest pnk shades, to the darkest/brightest.

I'm being such a perfectionist with this one:P

'Nite, ladies!:hug

Hi, Tili! Welcome to the ville and this CAL...we're always working in here! Not often, at times, but we can't resist this technique.

What colors are you going to work with?

Welcome to the group, Tili! Glad to have you join us! :welcome

As soon as I finish my current RR it will be time to wrap and ship a box off to my daughter and her family. It will have their belated birthday gifts and early Christmas gifts.

I'm having fun watching movies and crocheting squares today. :hook

:welcome aboard Tili. We are always here when the thread shows up in the Bolded text. We all love this technique and like to help and encourage others to make it work.

Can't wait to see what you come up with. :hyper

Welcome Tilie,

It appears we all took Linda's suggestion and started with white, that is what I did with my blue also and so far I like it much better. I didnt get to work on it last night as I didnt feel well so I went to bed I have no voice I swear I just need to be put out to pasture.LOL

Good morning/evening, Wendy!:)

Andrea...feel better:hug

...and since starting with 4 rows of white, and now playing with blending the pink, I'm happy with the way mine is looking, too:yes I'm only up to row 7, I think...and am alternating the amount of rows I make with the different combinations of shades.

Linda's so good...she's the the queen of RRs!

Hi, all. Sounds like your RRs are coming along nicely. I have to spend time today on the heirloom bedspread I'm repairing, then it's back to DDs RR. It turns out that we are seeing Kim's family at Thanksgiving after all, and I want to hand deliver it to them then. One more day should see it finished or very nearly so. I really did not want to have to send the bedspread through the mail and risk having it get lost between here and there.

Mel is another ripple queen. I think she's got me beat. I love these blended rrs. They work up so nice and are quick to make.

Well good now Linda go back to the rr page and on page 217 the very last post I put a pic of the two colors Im trying to put together I cant get it to look right, I started with the solid color then added the variated and that didnt look right now I did 4 rows varigated with 2 rows of solid and not sure that looks right so then I thought about doing 5 rows var, 3 rows purple, 1 or 2 rows white, then back to 3 rows purple then the var again I just cant figure out color combos, sad part is im a hairdresser and on hair im a whiz but with yarn I suck lol.

hello all! I'm so glad I can join in!

I have to wait for my paycheck, But I'll probably be doing some items for wearing, that will also be christmas presents! Just to warn you guys, I live off of wifi, so its hard for me to get online too often, since I don't have wifi at the house.I'll be looking through my patterns tonight, although I'm sure my idea will change ten times before I'm done!

I lack the capacity to read through so many pages of posts, so can I ask what everyone is working on right now?

Archived