Van Gogh's Closet

JulieKay

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda that is really pretty, see mine just doesnt look like that. I still am debating whether I should keep going and work out to finish with a dark row or just start over and do it with the lighter color in the middle I am just no good at making decisions.

Wendy are you going to keep going and just reverse so it then ends with the dark color?

Hi- I had been away from Crochetville for awhile but now I'm back.

I've never made a round ripple before but I love the color blending idea and the larger hook.

I bought a mess of yarn last year to make a traditional ripple but it didn't work out for me.

So I've got multiple skeins of RH Periwinkle, Amethyst and Ocean.

Do you think these colors could work at all for this?

I'm interested.

Also- what pattern are you all using?

Is it fool-proof?

Thanks!

Hi, Lorraine....

Welcome back.

The colors you have sound terrific! I think 2 sk RHSS of each should be enough with a P hook. Read back a few post and you should see the link to the Sew on Fire pattern, with a small correction on row 3. Linda t is the guru on these:)

Any questions pop on again...I;m reading a couple more threads then closing for the night.

Hi, Lorraine....

Welcome back.

The colors you have sound terrific! I think 2 sk RHSS of each should be enough with a P hook. Read back a few post and you should see the link to the Sew on Fire pattern, with a small correction on row 3. Linda t is the guru on these:)

Any questions pop on again...I;m reading a couple more threads then closing for the night.

Thanks Judi- I found the pattern and the correction. I'll start this week.

Lorraine

Well, I took out my P hook and made the first round on the comfortghan - even though I'm not quite finished with the one other project. I just had to...:D

My rationale for starting was that is the PO is closed today and Monday, so I couldn't mail out this other item even if I wanted to!:lol

It's pinks, with a little white...her fav color is pink:)

Thanks, everyone. I'll try to hang on to it, Joy. I've got another one in mind that will truly be a scrap ghan. Using any color that happens to strike my fancy and with joins wherever instead of just at the start of a new row. Sort of a 2 or maybe 3 strand ugly rr. I have to get going on the Christmas stuff again now or I'll never get it done on time. One more RR in the bunch and two quiltghans and finishing the repairs on an antique thread bedspread.

Lorraine, I think that those colors will look fabulous together.

Thanks! Last night I was awake in bed trying to figure out out to blend them :lol. Finally got to sleep!

That happens to me ALL the time now....you are well and truly addicted!:lol:lol:lol

My pink RR has jumped into the frog pond...not enough shades to do justice to this technique...I'll be back sometime soon with my purples:)

I think my blues jumped with you in the frog pond I think im gonna start it over doing the light in the middle. I do however like just my plain ole ripple with greens that im working on will try and get a pic on here today.

I think my blues jumped with you in the frog pond I think im gonna start it over doing the light in the middle. I do however like just my plain ole ripple with greens that im working on will try and get a pic on here today.

You may have something there...I started with a medium tone...maybe the lightest first...this time I'll lay the colors NEXT to each other before jumping in with both feet!:lol Otherwise I have another pattern in mind....

Sorry to hear that it's frog time for you Judi and Andrea. :2frog :2frog Hang in there you'll get it down yet.

I have frequently done my deciding on color progression, by lying the colors next to each other. It does help. I don't always go with the initial choice, but it does help to give me a little bit of an idea of what it will look like. :yes :yes

My latest RR is like that in fact. It's going together a bit differently than I had originally planned and doesn't look exactly like I imagined it, but it will still be very striking and pretty. :hook

Well- I started the other night and am on round 8 or 9.

I am using 2 strands together and a wooden N hook..

I like the pattern (Sew on Fire- with the round 3 correction) but I am not sure about my colors. I'll try to post a picture tonight. It's not actually a Van Gogh.

I like it enough as a quick bulky blanket that I am going to finish is for my daughter (age 10) then start a new one.

Photo tonight!

Well believe it or not when I went to the store to buy the yarn I laid it all next to each other in the cart but now that I think about it when I did that I had the lighter color first so maybe that is why it doesnt look like I pictured. hmmmm Im doing another RR with a different varigated color and am having trouble right now figureing out how to put that one all together to make it look right. I think I will work on this blended one tonite trying it backwards and sees how that goes. I will let you know.

Linda your sunshine rr looks beautiful.

It sure does take practice getting the blending right doesnt it. Sometimes it will look good together just sitting there but when you go to crochet them in that order it doesnt look the same. Now why is that.

I havent done anymore on mine at the moment as Im busy with squares but might try to get to it this weekend.

That looks good, Wendy! It's very hard for you to tell as your making it, what it's going to end up looking like, but once you start the repeat colors, you'll have WOW moment like I did when I made my first one...

The pink I thought I was making - too holey with the Q hook. My friend likes snuggly - so I'm making her a 3 sub instead - but just pink and white. Maybe stripes of white - not blended. At least I don't THINK so:lol

First I'll see if I start running short of the pink I have...I am flexible:hook

Archived