Van Gogh's Closet

JulieKay

Andrea, I use 2 skeins of each color on the 4 color RRs and have very little left over when they are done. Mine are 26 rows alternating 2 rows solid with 2 rows blended, starting and stopping with solid rows. They are about 5 1/2 to 6 feet from point to point.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linda we shall see how much fun it is when I try starting one today LOL. They may be showing up in your mailbox to be finished so they look like something lol. Have you done any with varigated colors? I have lots of those to around here, I have monet, and wheat I think and ahhhhh choco cherry. Just wondering if you have any that it has been thrown in somewhere wondering how it would work.

Alright I got 4 different colors of blue not sure how they are going to work out together though but that is all I had to select from.

Pale blue

Azure (like a sort of country type blue)

Cape cod (which will go with the other two)

Navy (which Im thinking isnt gonna go with it) but other than using a white which I believe they said doesnt work as well I dont have many choices.

For another one I got

cream

lace

taupe

expresso

I think those 4 will go ok together. Im of course gonna do the blue first to see what I can do with it. I may chuck it all and add to my already mounting pile of stash lol

Well I bought one pounders by caron so hopefully they will blend alright together Otherwise I am not sure what I will do cuz there isnt any choices for me really I bought the colors they had in blues I even tried different brands with no luck. Hopefully it will work or I will just put it on here and see what everyone else thinks.

There's no "wrong" way to do this - really - it's all in what you want to do. Some colors blend better than others...

Play with it and have fun!

Andrea, I'm quite sure that those colors will work out well. Just use them going from lightest to darkest or vice versa and they should be just fine. This is what my blue rr turned out like and it was also in 4 shades of blue, very similar to the ones you've picked. I went darkest to lightest and back to darkest to get this effect.

DCP_1112-1.jpg

Linda, that gave me an idea for a gift RR I want to make - another comfortghan, really....I have pinks, with a little white, some fun fur....eclectic, like me!:lol

Hey everyone I made a blanket in this CAL before and that one led to this one so I am jumping back in and here are my colors

PB020004.jpg

The aunt of my friend who I made a baby blanket for seen it and asked if I could make her one for her couch in green so here I am again lol oh well it's a good thing I love to crochet. :hook

Amanda, those are going to look lovely together. Great colors.

My RR is starting to take shape. So far I have 8 rows of baby yellow and 4 rows of baby yellow blended with bright yellow. I also have cornmeal and gold.

Happy crocheting.

Linda, those colors sound so cheerful to work with - I may have to rethink my intense color tendencies....

The turquoise sky and pink clouds at sunset over the nearby bay last night just might have also started me thinking outside of my usual color comfort zone!

Amanda- what's the 2nd color up from the bottom ? That one doesnt look familiar to me in the SS colors. It must be one we dont have around here . i like it a lot !

It's called Woodland Heather this is the first time I saw it at wal-mart but then again I usually use red heart I only used caron ss this time because the shinyness (I know I can't spell lol:think) makes it blend better to me at least I think so.

Amanda those colors are really well.

Well I started mine last night I didnt get far enough yet to notice anything lol, I am not so sure those blues are gonna make it together as soon as I get all four of them on here then I will take a pic. I tell ya it took me forever just to do 4 rows lol, using a P hook and 2 strands both very odd for me, I have not crochet using 2 strands nor have I used anything bigger than a K hook. So it is taking me some adjusting. Hopefully I can get a pic on here tomorrow night that is my goal anyhow.

Amanda those colors are really well.

Well I started mine last night I didnt get far enough yet to notice anything lol, I am not so sure those blues are gonna make it together as soon as I get all four of them on here then I will take a pic. I tell ya it took me forever just to do 4 rows lol, using a P hook and 2 strands both very odd for me, I have not crochet using 2 strands nor have I used anything bigger than a K hook. So it is taking me some adjusting. Hopefully I can get a pic on here tomorrow night that is my goal anyhow.

You'll find it gets easier and it also goes so quickly you'll look up and say wow look how muck I've done lol.

Well the first two blues just don't look much different I am on the third blue and it is starting to look ok I will take a pic once I get the fourth color on and then take a pic to see what all of you think so I can decide whether to frog it all or not.

Archived