Van Gogh's Closet

JulieKay

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And.......its finished! Took me just about a week of on and off crocheting.....much faster finish if I did not have things to keep me busy elsewhere.....job, boyfriend, cleaning, laundry, cooking.....bah! *grin*

Details - Bernat Baby Coordinates, Pastels - Pink - Yellow - Green - Blue - Purple with a size N hook

th_DSCF0129.jpg th_DSCF0135.jpg

Lots of fun making this! I'm trying to figure it out if the yarn I have left will make another full blanket or not! Will be close probably, but if I change the colors up a little bit, it should probably make it! Otherwise I'll have a partially finished afghan sitting here until my next trip back to the US for more yarn!

---------

Kimberly, that's really beautiful!

Thanks everyone! :hug

Judy - I know reversing the colors would work for the most part, the only color I'm worried about really is the green.....that would be a really close one since it was the middle color! But hey! I like living on the edge, I'll give it a try next! =)

• 2 weeks later...
Kimberly your afghan turned out gourgeous. Almost makes me want to go work on mine. Almost!
Oh Joy!!!!! Wheres the afghan progress? You really SHOULD be working on yours! :devil

Sorry I haven't posted here in awhile but I've been a very busy bee making things all summer. I finally finished my "Van Gogh"-gan and you can see a pic of it at my blog (link in my sig). I'm currently working on another one and will post pics once I get it done. This one will be for my dd for Christmas. The one I finished doesn't have a home yet but I may just keep it for myself for a change! Thanks for looking!

Thank you all so much. Now for the details of the ripple, that is, IF I can remember them lol. Forst of all, it is 74 inches from point to point so just over 6 feet which isn't too shabby, imo. Next, it started out with scrap/stash busting in mind but I did have to buy 2 more skeins of the variegated blue but that was all. I used a "K" sized Boye hook and RHSS in the following colors:

Coral

Shocking Pink

Ocean (variegated)

Lilac

Amethyst

Black

I did 5 rounds of coral, coral/shocking pink, shocking pink, shocking pink/ocean, ocean. Then I did 3 rounds of ocean/lilac, lilac, lilac/amethyst. Then 2 rounds amethyst, amethyst/black and finally 1 round of black. Thank you all for looking and I hope this info helps anyone who may want to duplicate it. I really had alot of fun messing around with the colors on this one. Now I can't wait to see how the purple one I'm doing for my dd turns out!

Sher, I happen to have all of those colors (except Coral) all in my stash!:hook

BUT, Christmas gifts and SP things beckon first:(

I love bright colors!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again Everyone! Finally finished the purple hued rr and pics of it can be found on my blog (link in sig below). I'm not sure which of the two I've made I like better, I love them both so much!!!! Thanks for looking and enjoy!

Hello again Everyone! Finally finished the purple hued rr and pics of it can be found on my blog (link in sig below). I'm not sure which of the two I've made I like better, I love them both so much!!!! Thanks for looking and enjoy!

I have chosem not to do sigs and avatars so I was wondering if you would post the link to your blog?

• 2 weeks later...

I am back, after lurking for a long time....sorry. I have started a round ripple with some Mellowspun I got. Camel, light willow, medium willow and dark willow. Two strands of camel is in the center and I have three rows of camel/light willow. Mellowspun is a sport weight from Mary Maxim. I got it on sale for $.97 a skein. It is soooooo soft. I think I love it. Will add a pic when I get a little more done. My original plans for the babysoft and tlc verigated rr are tabled for a while. Been going through a lot with exbf and work and needed to get back to crocheting for sanity's sake.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Andrea - try shades of blues or greens, or browns....see how they look. Many of us stood in front of the yarn displays and looked at how they were arranged and it was a help, too.

The one thing is to try and stay away from combining a very dark color with white - that seems to not work....if I remember correctly.

Judianne- thanks for your suggestion, cuz i was gonna do white, grey and black.

I was thinking at least one done with browns. What size hook did you use, how many skeind do you think it takes and I think I read somewhere that I should have four different shades of whichever is that what you think.

Hi, gang. I went MIA, 'cause I got involved in way too many projects there for a while. I'm still making blended RRs & 1 nonblended RR for Christmas presents.

Andrea, I use RHSS and a P hook for my RRs. I have done them with as little as 2 colors, but most are 4 to 7 colors.

Here are pictures of the RRs I've done, but not posted for you all. They are shown on top of a queen size bed. Trouble is a photo hound as you can tell. The minute I put something out and get the camera, she just has to get in there too.

DCP_1226.jpgDCP_1222.jpg

DCP_1220.jpgDCP_1216.jpg

you have an eye for putting colors together like that though and I well dont lol. I know that I have some going for men so thought just different shades of brown might work for that, nieces one likes purple and not sure about the other one so different shades of that should work I would think. How many skeins would you say you go thru of one color for each you think like 1 or 2 7oz skeins per color? Yours are beautiful. Thank you for sharing with me.

Archived