Van Gogh's Closet

JulieKay

Looking for the person who pm'd me about helping them out with this method on a baby afghan. Could you please pm me again ?

I had my grandson here all afternoon and didnt get a chance to answer you, then had a whole bunch of notes to answer, thought they were all answered and deleted them all. Yours was deleted by mistake and I'm not familiar with your name. I think the ending was -------netta ???

Please pm me again and I'll contact you .

Thanks and sorry for the mixup . :)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Rose Red! I am working hard on some finishing touches.. ;):blush Anytime I get to show off my round ripple now, I do it.. isn't that braggy of me. :lol

Jill, it's not being "braggy" - you should be proud of your work! All of us put so much of ourselves into what we do I think we have every right to show it around. And if anyone DOES think its braggy - they're just jealous because they can't do anything like it!:yes

So, there.

Since when is bragging a bad thing? :lol We should definitely all be proud of all these fabulous things we make cuz, well, gosh darn it we're good at :yes:manyheart

:lol Well I was holding it out the passenger side of the window as I drove, was that too extreme?:lol

Oh OK not really. But I do have a place all ready for it where my dog sits in my car, and she gets alot of attention so I think that was my plan alll along!

I am trying to finish up my other projects (oh, so many unfinished ones) .. I think I better join that cal that schedules it out for you.. lol.. I have presents to finish!

Thanks for your kind words! :hug

OH CARA!!! I love love love your av (starts singing, " H.R. Puffenstuff....he's a friend when times get rough.....H.R. Puffenstuff....")

hehe, and "wilmadena W. witchipoo" :D :D

Sandy

OH CARA!!! I love love love your av (starts singing, " H.R. Puffenstuff....he's a friend when times get rough.....H.R. Puffenstuff....")

hehe, and "wilmadena W. witchipoo" :D :D

Sandy

Yep, that was my favorite show when I was a kid :D Witchiepoo was my favorite....she got all the laughs :lol

I want to make a blended round ripple for a baby boy so no pink. ANy ideas of how and what colors. Maybe primary but how would you do that?

I think it would be wonderful if you went from white through every tint and shade of blue to a dark navy. I would love to see that done just once.

(notice that I am not offering to do that though :wlol )

I want to make a blended round ripple for a baby boy so no pink. ANy ideas of how and what colors. Maybe primary but how would you do that?

I like Darski's idea for the colors:

I think it would be wonderful if you went from white through every tint and shade of blue to a dark navy. I would love to see that done just once.

(notice that I am not offering to do that though :wlol )

If you're asking how - the basic concept of Van Gogh's Closet is to use

two strands of yarn:

1. two of the first color
  2. one each of the first color and second color
  3. two strands of the second color
  4. one each of the second color and third color
  5. two strands of the third color
  6. and so on.

The blending effect is produced by using two colors together.

Hope that answers your question.

I think a blending of yellow, orange, red would be great for a boy or vice versa you could go from yellow, green, to blue since mixing those makes blue. I'm making a rr in the RR Cal with a rainbow mixture, just not in the Van Gogh method. Good luck with whatever you decided, can't wait to see pics.

• 4 weeks later...

Great, Kimberly!

I have yarn to make more - not sure if they'll be RR or rectangular grannies.

Right now I need to boogy on my Christmas list!!

Hi i did this practice square now i'm undecided on a project. I was thin

thinking of going with a round ripple. but i need to think if colors.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11214053@N02/?saved=1

Nice work!!

Any colors will do...just the very, very dark sometimes don't seem to blend as well. So, 2 strands of the same color for however long you want, then 1 strand of old and 1 strand of a new color for however long...and so on...

And.......its finished! Took me just about a week of on and off crocheting.....much faster finish if I did not have things to keep me busy elsewhere.....job, boyfriend, cleaning, laundry, cooking.....bah! *grin*

Details - Bernat Baby Coordinates, Pastels - Pink - Yellow - Green - Blue - Purple with a size N hook

th_DSCF0129.jpg th_DSCF0135.jpg

Lots of fun making this! I'm trying to figure it out if the yarn I have left will make another full blanket or not! Will be close probably, but if I change the colors up a little bit, it should probably make it! Otherwise I'll have a partially finished afghan sitting here until my next trip back to the US for more yarn!

And.......its finished! Took me just about a week of on and off crocheting.....much faster finish if I did not have things to keep me busy elsewhere.....job, boyfriend, cleaning, laundry, cooking.....bah! *grin*

Details - Bernat Baby Coordinates, Pastels - Pink - Yellow - Green - Blue - Purple with a size N hook

th_DSCF0129.jpg th_DSCF0135.jpg

Lots of fun making this! I'm trying to figure it out if the yarn I have left will make another full blanket or not! Will be close probably, but if I change the colors up a little bit, it should probably make it! Otherwise I'll have a partially finished afghan sitting here until my next trip back to the US for more yarn!

BEAUTIFUL!!:clap :clap

You could do another one - if you reverse the order you used the colors in this one...VOILA!

It is such a striking way of using colors, isn't it??

Archived