Slinky Dog -Pattern Now Available!

eebrs

**This pattern is now available in my Etsy store!**

(see signature line for link)

He is listed as "Springer the Puppy" since Slinky is copyrighted.

Thanks for all the help and advice from my testers!

I loved the idea of a slinky crochet project. I was inspired by this question:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39521&highlight=monkey

So here is my newest pet! At one point I wasn't sure if he'd turn out, but adding eyes and ears really made a difference. I love his face! :yes

May4022.jpg

May4029.jpg

He's about 4 inches tall and 7 1/2 inches long (when not stretched out). I used about 1/3 of a tiny plastic slinky. Which means I have enough for 2 more slinky animals!

Sooo you crocheted a dogs head, legs and tail---did you crochet around the slinkey too? I think this is really cool, and was going to try and experiment trying to make one.

He's adorable! :cheer He looks just like my black lab Service Dog, except Tango has those sad brown lab eyes. I want to make one! Will you be posting or selling the pattern? Actually, I was also thinking that I would be fun to make some for Circle Tail (a service dog organization) to sell for fundraising. They are a mostly volunteer organization that operate on a shoe string to provide these adored and useful dogs for their clients. If I ever figure out how to post a picture, I send one of Tango.

RitaK

Dayton, OH

He is TOO CUTE!!!! what a wonderful thing to do with a slinky. I hate when they get tangled. *S* End up throwing them away. What a good way to recycle:cheer

Archived