• Created
  • Last Reply
* You signed up on Yesterday

* You are #82568 on the list.

* 5197 people are ahead of you in line.

* 476 people are behind you in line.

* 92% of the list has been invited so far

I've got quite a wait until I get in.:lol:lol:lol

Actually they have sped up the invites and are sending several thousand a day some days. So you don't have too long of a wait!

I have actually requested to have my account removed. I found the site very difficult to use and couldn't get my pictures to post. When asking for assistance with that problem, never received an answer.

What kind of problems were you having? They use Flickr for pictures. It's the only way to have pictures on the site. I don't use it for the forums or groups but just to put up my projects and my stash.

Once you do get your ravelry invite, there is a Crochetville group over there, if you want to join us. Let me know if you need any help finding it.

And thanks to Lis, who got that group up and running for everyone before I received my own ravelry invite! :)

I have been on ravelry for awhile and would love to know how to find the group you are talking about

I am kitkat73 over there! Just got my invite last week! :cheer

Its seems like a HUGE site ~ kinda mind-boggling. Any suggestions where to start? Once you're on, can you invite people yourself?

• 3 weeks later...

I am there, but I am lost . I am yet to really get into the ravellry thing. I am not sure how the groups work, and some of them seem to sit for days, weeks without comment. I do like the ville because there is always someone around!

I am there, but I am lost . I am yet to really get into the ravellry thing. I am not sure how the groups work, and some of them seem to sit for days, weeks without comment. I do like the ville because there is always someone around!

Don't worry, that is just the way they are. It took me a while to understand some of the stuff to, but now I am really liking it. The Groups and the forums are the same thing. Think of the groups as just like the different "rooms" on here....then the forums are just a more part of the overall "room" and is specific to the group, but there are also some other great features that will be coming online soon like a calendar, chat, etc.

There are a TON of groups for every topic you can think of and then some. Some are focused on a certain craft, others on TV shows, fan clubs, dog breeds, whatever. A lot of them start out with a decent membership but no one wants to say anything so they kind of sit there. I belong to a bunch of group but I really only participate in about 4. The most frequent and most populated is the "crochet liberation front". A bunch of really fun and witty people who crack me up daily. The rest of them are kind of like a a permanent 7-minute lull and the conversations seem to be a little awkward. Try searching the groups section for your other interests and see what pops up.....you will probably be very surprised! There is even a Crochetville group, although most people seem to hang out here instead of there....

BTW, I am going to add you as a friend so if you have any other questions, don't be afraid to ask!

ETA: OK, nevermind....I just saw that you are a member of the CLF. Come on over....we are planning a virtual party!

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I'm just not understandning what all the hype is about. :think

I do like how you can add all of your projects to your notebook and all that, but that's about it.

It seems like it's more for knitters to me.

Well, first it's a nice way to digitally catalog your yarn and your projects. It's also a neat way to network and view other people's projects. I am always interested to see how changes in yarns and such affect a pattern. Also it's a great way to find new stuff you may never have noticed before. It's definitely not just for knitters. And then there's the networking aspect of it. A lot of folks like to use the site for its various group chat/forums. There are soooo many groups on there, so you just sorta join the ones that have things that interest you, and check in as you like. Some are more active than others. ;)

I myself got into the editing aspect of it, though. That's just the computer nerd in me, can't help it. :lol Volunteer editors look at patterns and yarns that people submit. When you enter your projects and stashed stuff, you choose them from the list/database at Ravelry. Somebody has to approve and correct all that stuff, and edit them to fit some sort of common standards. I edited so much I'm a sooper editor now :lol I'm so bad. Between there and here, I haven't done a ton of crocheting lately.

Archived