vonnie

[Support Crochetville] If you love Crochetville PLEASE READ

I made a small donation today. :blush But, if everyone made the same amount donation I did, we would be at least halfway out of debt! :think How many members are there her now anyway? Maybe it would cut even...

Anyway~~ I love this place and I hope to make another donation soon.

Tina

When this thread first started I thought I'd have to wait until payday to make my donation but I got my income tax refund so I've made my donation.

I made a donation...did you? Like someone said near the beginning of this thread, a small donation ($1-$5) is less than a single crochet magazine and a lot less than a subscription to your favorite crochet magazine, and less than a crochet pattern! Stop reading--but only for as long as it takes to Paypal or to send in your donation--and get back to these great boards!!

How many members are there her now anyway? Maybe it would cut even...

You can see the number of members by going to the main Crochetville page and scrolling down until you see the list of who's online. As of right now, a total of 12,835 have registered for Crochetville over the years. Of that number, 6,689 are considered active, which means they've logged on to the forum at least once in the past 6 months. We average over 1,000 different people logging on each day.

I made a small donation today. :blush But, if everyone made the same amount donation I did, we would be at least halfway out of debt! :think How many members are there her now anyway? Maybe it would cut even...

Anyway~~ I love this place and I hope to make another donation soon.

Tina

This is according to the bottom of the home page...and you are right, if even 1/2 of the active members sent in a $1.00, they would be out of debt.....that is why I said a $1.00 and it seems so little to keep this site going. Here is what is on the home page:

Members: 12,835, Active Members: 6,689

I'm wondering which is better in terms of cost to Crochetville...does paypal charge a percentage of each donation or how does that work? In that case it would probably be more beneficial for me to just send a check to Amy since it looks like she's going to the bank anyways! Let me know!:)

Putting this msg out here again cause I didn't see an answer.

Does PayPal charge a percentage of each donation? If I use the Tip Jar to give $1.00 through PayPal, does the Ville get the whole dollar?

:manyheart:hug

Does PayPal charge a percentage of each donation? If I use the Tip Jar to give $1.00 through PayPal, does the Ville get the whole dollar?

Depending what kind of account you have Paypal does take a small bit, I don't remember the percentage exactly. If you're only donating a dollar or two just add on the amount you would spend for a stamp and that should cover it. If your going to donate more then it might be worth it to send it.

Paypal charges fees for each transaction, so no, we don't get to keep the full amount when you pay through Paypal. The fees vary depending on the type of payment (credit card vs transfer from paypal or bank account), as it's not just a straight percentage of the actual amount donated. I'm sure you can go to the Paypal site and see what their fee structure is.

Paypal charges fees for each transaction, so no, we don't get to keep the full amount when you pay through Paypal. The fees vary depending on the type of payment (credit card vs transfer from paypal or bank account), as it's not just a straight percentage of the actual amount donated. I'm sure you can go to the Paypal site and see what their fee structure is.

:eek so my whole dollar didn't go to the Ville, humpppppp, well I must go back now and find an address to mail my next amout to......I am sorry....if I only would have had more in my paypal account I would have sent more...:(

What a PLEASURE to make a donation to keep the site up and running and the owners and helpers notified of our HAPPINESS that they do so! :yes THANK YOU for your time and dedication, Amy and Donna and ALL of the helpers that assist you guys!! You are ALL appreciated!! :ghug:flower

Which payment method (cc vs bank) does Crochetville keep more of that dollar? I have PayPal linked to various accounts, so want to make sure if I donate to Crochetville, they get the most out of it.

Which payment method (cc vs bank) does Crochetville keep more of that dollar? I have PayPal linked to various accounts, so want to make sure if I donate to Crochetville, they get the most out of it.

When you pay via credit card, the credit card company gets their share of fees (2-4%, I can't remember exactly, may depend on type of card) on top of the fees charged by Paypal.

Just as an FYI, whenever you pay anywhere via credit card, a percentage of the order total goes to the credit card company, reducing the profit the store gets from your order.

Another way to support the Ville is through the Google ads. Look down at the bottom of the page. See the ads? Take a moment. If you see something you are interested in, click on it and go see. They will be paid for you clicking on that ad. HOWEVER (and this is important), do NOT just click on ads over and over and over again, because clicking on ads just for money (or a lot of clicks on the same day from the same computer) is considered 'click fraud.' At the best, they won't get any money from it. At the worst, they might get in trouble and have their ad account suspended.

I know that whenever I actually look, I see something that's interesting to me, and if going to that site through that link will help out, why not?

:eekso my whole dollar didn't go to the Ville, humpppppp, well I must go back now and find an address to mail my next amout to......I am sorry....if I only would have had more in my paypal account I would have sent more...:(

JoAnn, I emailed PayPal last night asking how much of my dollar would go to the Ville. Will let everyone know IF and when I get an answer.

Looks like we're getting some good info on here about paying with cc and clicking on Google ads, etc. Thanks!

We all want to maximize our "tips" to the Ville!

Another way to support the Ville is through the Google ads. Look down at the bottom of the page. See the ads? Take a moment. If you see something you are interested in, click on it and go see. They will be paid for you clicking on that ad. HOWEVER (and this is important), do NOT just click on ads over and over and over again, because clicking on ads just for money (or a lot of clicks on the same day from the same computer) is considered 'click fraud.' At the best, they won't get any money from it. At the worst, they might get in trouble and have their ad account suspended.

I know that whenever I actually look, I see something that's interesting to me, and if going to that site through that link will help out, why not?

WOW didn't know that and you're right, there are some interesting ads....I'll do my part and check out a couple of ads every day! Anything to help maintain Crochetville and help out Amy, Donna and et.al....

WOW didn't know that and you're right, there are some interesting ads....I'll do my part and check out a couple of ads every day! Anything to help maintain Crochetville and help out Amy, Donna and et.al....

:2blush I didn't know that either....will start clickin on those that interest me to help the ville as well.

Wow, I don't know how I didn't see this sooner! I went and donated especially since without Crochetville I would've never even thought to write my own patterns and gotten as comfortable to try new things!

Is there anyway to see a remaining balance or to show a running balance as people donate?? I agree with Vonnie, if everyone would just donate a single dollar, they would have enough $$ to get out of the red AND have some to put aside for the site...

Is there anyway to see a remaining balance or to show a running balance as people donate?? I agree with Vonnie, if everyone would just donate a single dollar, they would have enough $$ to get out of the red AND have some to put aside for the site...

While having every member donate a single dollar is a wonderful thought, I don't think it will ever happen! :) And that's perfectly okay. There are some who aren't able to or don't want to donate, and they shouldn't be made to feel pressured to donate or to feel bad for not donating, for whatever reason.

I don't think we can keep up with a "live" running balance, but if people really want to keep up with how we're progressing, I can provide updates from time to time. You may need to remind me, though, whenever you're waiting for another update.

I just checked, and so far you wonderful members have donated 20% of the $3,000 back expenses! Donna and I truly thank you from the bottom of our hearts. By the time the auction is over in August, we are confident that we'll have raised the full $3,000!

We do have plans on features we'd like to add to the site, but some of the features cost money to implement, and they all will heavily increase our bandwidth usage, thus heavily increasing our server costs. So any money we make over that $3,000 isn't going to sit around idle for very long! (Not to mention we'll need to pay a tax accountant to figure our business taxes at the end of the year, at least for the first year, to make sure we have everything set up properly.)

Amy...I'm one of those "on a very fixed budget" so I can understand not wanting to pressure anyone!! Thank You for the update!!!

Originally Posted by Melissa

I never knew this! but I do go to some of the ads.

I made my donation & am happy to help! I love coming here & woul d hate to not be able to.

Eileen