vonnie

[Support Crochetville] If you love Crochetville PLEASE READ

just made a donation :)

i want to say that i think this the best site in the whole world!!!! :yes it feeds my addiction with crochet, yarn and looking at other peoples creations....you carnt get that from magazines or books

this website is PRICELESS

a big thankyou :hug to all the people that are involved in keeping this site on the go :yay

I want to make a snail mail donation but can't figure out where the address is. love this place and want to see it stay alive for a long long time. Thank you to all who have made it what it is. :hug

Here ya go Carovan:

To contribute by check or money order, please contact Amy for the mailing address.

.......Mailed mine out last night :mail so keep checking your mailbox Amy!

This is a great post.

It reminded me that it takes time and money to run a site well. I've done my part - what I need to do is realize that this is an ongoing commitment and remember to donate on a regular basis. Every bit helps!

As a Canadian, this message board has helped me connect with a number of people who share the love of crochet. Although I live in a big city, it's difficult to find people nearby who feel the same way about the craft as I do.

Thanks.

Cheryl. :hook

Vonnie,

Thank you for bringing this to everyones intention.

I owe crochetville quite a bit.

Because of this site, I started designing, donating, and selling my patterns.

I get quite a bit of inspiration from this site!

Bringing back to the top....remember we all need to do just a LITTLE bit to help.......Thanks to all I know that Amy and Donna really appreciate it, but you know what we all gain!!! Friendship, fellowship, partners and patterns....Please help out with whatever you can......

Here ya go Carovan:

To contribute by check or money order, please contact Amy for the mailing address.

.......Mailed mine out last night :mail so keep checking your mailbox Amy!

Thank You! Posted my email. The check will be mailed out today if I get the addy.

I'm wondering which is better in terms of cost to Crochetville...does paypal charge a percentage of each donation or how does that work? In that case it would probably be more beneficial for me to just send a check to Amy since it looks like she's going to the bank anyways! Let me know!:)

Made a small donation today. Couldnt survive without this forum and all the friends, help,comfort andinfoe within it. Long live Crochetville!

I sent a donation via PayPal a few weeks ago, I love that I have somewhere people appreciate your work - nobody else I know crochets & I get a lot of inspiration and laughs here.

All I can say is that MOST of my business (I've only been here a month or so) has come from Crochetville. The ladies here are absolutely awesome!!! I've made my donation - a dollar seems way too little for all the help I've gotten here, so my donation was more and if Amy needs me to... I'd be tickled pink

to pay a monthly charge to keep them afloat! Anything to keep Crochetville afloat!!! GOOD LUCK AMY and DONNA!!!!!!

Is there a count of how far we've gotten? maybe a meter like they have for building funds or the united way? just curious to see if a dent has been made!

I'd be tickled pink

to pay a monthly charge to keep them afloat! Anything to keep Crochetville afloat!!! GOOD LUCK AMY and DONNA!!!!!!

Thanks, Peggy! I'm not going to ask you to pay a monthly fee :), but you're certainly welcome to take out a banner ad (currently all sold out; new spots may open in August) or a Marketplace ad. At least that way YOU would get some benefit back from paying us something each month! :lol

Wow, everyone is being so nice and helping out, hope we are making some progress on the debt.... thanks for a great site, if you haven't make a donation today, it will make you feel GREAT!!!!!

Since a couple people have mentioned it, I guess I can let you know that as of right now, donations equal about 12% of the total debt load.

Donna and I cannot thank everyone enough for their efforts to help us pull out from under this burden so we can begin operating completely in the black from henceforth on.

We greatly appreciate those of you who are encouraging others with some disposable funds to help out.

I want to make sure that those who can't or don't want to donate for whatever reason don't feel guilty, upset, sad, or anything else that they can't contribute right now. We're not keeping track of who's submitted donations, other than to send each person a personalized thank-you note. So please don't feel pressured in any way to make a donation if you're unable to or not comfortable doing so.

There are definitely ways to contribute to this site other than financially, the most important being the ways we all encourage, support, and inspire each other to keep developing our crochet skills! :)

Done - thanks for the letting us all in. I've really enjoyed everyone and the have gained friends and help here.

Since a couple people have mentioned it, I guess I can let you know that as of right now, donations equal about 12% of the total debt load.

Thank you Amy to let us know where we stand, I really appreciate it. 12% is actually a pretty good figure and very progressive! Let's see if we can get it to climb just a bit more...

People???

amy please know that none of us feel you are pressuring...i for one wish we had known about this when it first started...we love this site and will be glad to contiune to do our part to keep it going...

I sent you an envelope today. You'll think I'm crazy, all the post office lady had were Happy Birthday stamps, where were they a few months ago when I was looking for them? Guess she needs to use them up with postage going up next week. Charlene

Oh my goodness but I NEED to look around this site more, seems I always just go to the same couple of boards...I am so sorry!! Well I did a small donation of a dollar, but I assure you as soon as I get ahead a bit here, I will add money to my paypal account and make a bigger donation...I am embaressed of myself..

This site ROCKS and I know I would DIE without it!!!

now off to check out if I can help on the auction