diamond

Anyone from South Florida....Ft.Lauderdale/Miami-Dade?

Anyone from South Florida? I'm in between mainland Miami and Miami Beach. Not many crocheters around here. Not many LYS' either! :(

ME! I'm in SW Dade, Kendall area. Moving to Pembroke Pines in April though. I've only been to M. Beach once since I moved here from Melbourne (previously Texas). Much more of a Keys girl! ;)

Me too!

I'm in Fort Lauderdale until July; then back to Orlando!

You're right, not too many LYS around here :angry

oooh you all are making me home sick. I was born and raised in Fort Lauderdale. Of course, left there when I graduated high school and haven't been back since. I am sure it's changed drastically in the (gulp) almost 20 years I have been gone from there.

Mistiaggi....I'm also a Keys girl. Lower Matecumbe & Islamorada are the places for me. Will retire there soon I hope. We keep looking for the perfect house there. We'll find it....just give us time. :knit

I'm a Marathon girl. Pretty much anywhere but Key West and associated islands. ;) *sigh* Keys...been too long.

Woven 'n Spun, yep things are growing crazy. I think Broward county is as far west as it can go without building on the Everglades. Miami is working on that at the moment. Traffic...is insane!

:cheer

Live in Coral Springs, work in Fort Lauderdale.

AND, you all are right...we need a serious LYS. There is a small one in Festival Marketplace, but they stock alot of novelty yarns. It is down right impossible to find decent wools or wool blends around here. I am near a Michaels, but selection in limited there too.

Knittykim, I'm in Coral Springs, too! A couple of crocheters meet at Joanne's twice a month. The first and third Tuesday of the month at 7:30pm. We meet in the back room in case you're interested. :)