Giselle Fingerless Gloves - Now with Photo

Giselle Fingerless Glove

I don’t really like the way these turned out. In my opinion they look like a wrist cast that has ribbing at the top:lol. My sister likes them, though, and they are REALLY warm. I was going to put on a really deep leaf-pattern edging, but I haven’t got around to it yet.

Red Heart Super Saver Dark Sage (or whatever color), approx. 3-4 oz.

Size I hook.

Ch 28, join.

Rnd 1: ch 2, hdc around, join.

Rnd 2: ch 2, hdc in back post of join, *hdc in front post on next st, hdc in back post of next st* around

Rnds 3-4: rep rnd 2

Rnd 5: ch 1, sc around, join.

Rnd 6: ch 1, sc in join, ch 8, skip 5 sts, sc in next sts, sc around, join.

Rnd 7: ch 1, 8 sc over chns, join.

Try on glove after this row. You might need to change the number of chains in rnd 6, or the number of sts skipped in row 6, or the number of sc’s over chains in row 7. If it’s fine, keep going, if not, back up and fix it.

Rnds 8-12: ch 1, sc in join, sc around, join.

Rnd 13: ch 1, sc in join, sc in next 3 sc, dec over next 2 sc, *sc in next 4 sc, dec over next 2 sc* around, join.

Rnds 14-23: rep rnd 8. You might want to do less rows here to make a shorter glove.

Tell me what you think of it. And could someone post a picture if they make it? I think Petrouchka will be next.

P.S. does anyone know where I could find a dictionary of chinese calligraphy? I need it for the Turandot fingie.:think

I love that you've been posting all these patterns for fingerless gloves, and then naming them after ballets! I definitely want a pair of fingerless gloves - perhaps two - so I'm printing off these patterns you've been writing.

I was wondering if you have photos of any of your gloves? It really helps me visualize what I'm supposed to be doing if I can see a finished product.

Thanks! ~ Joy

I don't have photos, but I could take some. My big problem is that I have no way to post them. My sister just got a digital camera, and she might help me out.

I hope your sister does help you...I would like to see these gloves!!! Thanks for sharing the patterns with us!

I, too, would LOVE to see photos of all these different gloves. I want to make a pair, and the different photos would help me decide which pattern I like best!

Archived