my homemade arthritis relief hook

i have been having some numbness and pain in my hand and decided to come up with something that would help me and give me some relief so that i could continue to crochet. so this is what i came up with.

wip003.jpg

:hook i went to the local dollar tree and found a packet of toy golf balls. they are soft and fit in the palm of my hand. the green thing is a pencil thingy that you use to soften the pencil grip. so far this is working pretty good for me.

so what do you guys think? :D

Great idea! I had been looking at Jimbo's hooks that use a similar design but wasn't sure I'd be able to work with. I just may have to test your idea first!

wow! that is ingenious! way to go! Thank you for sharing this! my mom loves to crochet but really struggles with her arthritis...I am heading to the dollar tree to make some up for her:cheer :clap:cheer

welcome to everyone. i sure that this can work for others. my right hand doesn't hurt as bad when i use it. plus it is easier to find my hook. i tend grip my hook too hard so i had to come up with something.

Archived