maggies crochet

I received the email and downloaded the patterns! They're in a Word document so now, for my own files, I'm going to download the photos from the email so I can attach them to the individual patterns. Otherwise there are no pictures to go with the patterns (unless I'm missing something?):think

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can download from the site the patterns. I also saved each pic in a folder so I would know what each pattern is to look like and then moved the pattern file over to that folder so it would all be together.

Pam

thanks for this tip. I just went and got all the pics too. They are useful when you try to remember what something looked like.

She is the most incredible designer. She does incredibly elegant and sweetly simple and utilitarian with equal ease. I love her patterns.

I'm in the geek brigade, but really didn't see anything there that I like. I make afghans mostly, and I think there was only one afghan in there (if there was any at all?) and it didn't thrill me. Maybe it was a ripple, because I don't really care for them. I have ripple-lexia... they all look the same to me! LOL!

Actually there were three afghans and not a ripple among them. they are florals - a particular weakness of mine.:yes

I was also thinking that the Wild rose potholder would make a fab afghan square. :cheer

I really must get past this floral thingy. It is running my life now. if it isn't floral, I ain't going :wlol

I'm with you I was disappointed in them also

I received the e-mail with the link. But I must say that I'm disappointed in many of the patterns! I did download the Word doc but I probably will not make most of them. And why didn't Maggie include the photos with the patterns. I know these were free but I believe that we "paid" for the patterns by registering for them and then spreading the word here at the 'Ville and other places!

Yippie:jumpyay! I finally got those 40 free patterns:h5!!!! I guess I must have tried getting to the download page while their connection was out! Such CUTE:bheart things!!! :ty Maggie!! :D:hook:D And:tyto everyone who tried to help me out while I was unable to get them.......I don't know:shrug if I will be making all of them, but I love collecting patterns, and a lot of these will make lovely gifts:gift or decorations ! This has just made my day!!!! :elle

Oh, and speaking of anal retentive, I not only pasted the pictures next to the patterns, I resized the text, and then I cut and pasted the "matching" patterns together.

I'm planning on making them separate files today.

Yep, count me among the geek brigade!

I plan on making separate files for them too! (at least those that I may make sometime before I leave this world!) :devil I'll be doing the text resizing and modifying also.

How did you find out? Did she send an email because I sure didn't get one:)

Do you have a spam mailbox? Maybe it's there? I received an email yesterday letting me know that the 40,000 had been reached and that the patterns were up.

Elle

I was pretty disappointed in the pattern selection as well. I didn't even download one.

And then, I thought I'd buy some pattern books - and when I did the math (I always figure in shipping), it would be cheaper to buy from the local bookstore with a 20-30% coupon or, in a couple cases, from Amazon.com.

I ended up wasting a lot of time and getting nothing out of the deal. Bah.

Archived