maggies crochet

Why not email her?

maggie at maggiescrochet dot com

I'm somehow subscribed on two different email addresses (dunno how that happened) and the emails arrived several hours apart. Maybe yours is still on its way. Hope so.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have sent her an e-mail and I hope that will work. I will check back later to see if things have changed! Here is the link I keep getting.....

http://www.maggiescrochet.com/pages/40_Free.htm

I just opened the link you posted and you can download the patterns from that link. Right under where it gives the total (which is 41,082) is where you can download the patterns.

If you still don't see it, try clearing your cache. You may still be seeing the old page.

I downloaded mine. It goes to a word file...but the pictures are not there. So...I did a copy-and-paste on the pictures and put each picture with the pattern.

Thanks Maggie!!!

Wouldn't ya know it, 40% when I just got laid off, aaarrggg, lol. Oh well at least I got the free patterns.

I downloaded the patterns which is a word document and then saved the pictures in a separate folder for future reference.

You can download from the site the patterns. I also saved each pic in a folder so I would know what each pattern is to look like and then moved the pattern file over to that folder so it would all be together.

Pam

I just did this as well by searching the site Pam. I found some of them. :cheer

Cute things absolutely!

How did you find out? Did she send an email because I sure didn't get one:)

I got mine already!!! I got an email with a link!!! And Voila!!!

I have sent her an e-mail and I hope that will work. I will check back later to see if things have changed! Here is the link I keep getting.....

http://www.maggiescrochet.com/pages/40_Free.htm

If you're still having a problem the page might be loading from a temporary file on your computer. Try to refresh the page if you still have the problem, otherwise you might have to delete your temp files and your cache.

Oooh, I just did my 40% shopping! I'm so happy - I got some stuff I've been wanting for a while, but you know how it goes, it's not on sale...I don't *really* NEED it, etc. etc.

Nothing like a one day sale to make you buy something, lol!

And what a sale, too! And her shipping is so reasonable - not like a certain well-known publishing site in Texas...

I received the e-mail with the link. But I must say that I'm disappointed in many of the patterns! I did download the Word doc but I probably will not make most of them. And why didn't Maggie include the photos with the patterns. I know these were free but I believe that we "paid" for the patterns by registering for them and then spreading the word here at the 'Ville and other places!

I just did this as well by searching the site Pam. I found some of them.

Just scroll down the site page and their all there.

I also saved each pic in a folder so I would know what each pattern is to look like and then moved the pattern file over to that folder so it would all be together.

If you just hold your mouse down and scroll, you'll highlight them all then right mouse click and copy. Then paste them at the bottom of the pattern word document.

Easy peasy and all together.

But I must say that I'm disappointed in many of the patterns! I did download the Word doc but I probably will not make most of them.

Same here. I know there will be lots of people who make them. I just didn't see much I'd make. It was still nice of her.

I am having a hard time finishing up my shopping... I can't get certain of the pattern books to come up once I click on the picture:

http://www.maggiescrochet.com/pages/Leaflets/ASN_Annies/AA_875546_best_blankets_main.htm

http://www.maggiescrochet.com/pages/Leaflets/ASN_Annies/AA_702071_101_granny_main.htm

http://www.maggiescrochet.com/pages/Leaflets/Leisure_Arts/LA_3819_scrap_afghans_main.htm

http://www.maggiescrochet.com/pages/Leaflets/Leisure_Arts/LA4229_mosaic_magic_main.htm

http://www.maggiescrochet.com/pages/Leaflets/Leisure_Arts/LA_3527_crocheted_blankets_main.htm

http://www.maggiescrochet.com/pages/Leaflets/Leisure_Arts/LA_3614_plush_pretty_main.htm

I emailed them, but with how busy they are going to be, I don't k now if I'll hear back... can anyone else get these to load and it's just me?

I can't see the books too ! Do tell ! What books are your ordering ? :)

OK!!!! BREAKING NEWS!!!

As if you thought YOUR day was bad! LOL!

I just talked to the sweetest woman at Maggie's Crochet... trying to figure this out, and she told me that ... get this....

THEIR INTERNET IS DOWN!!!!!

Their whole area is without internet right now, until about noon EST, she says. (That's the time the provider told her)

This morning, some people ordered and the discount wasn't applied correctly, it only gave them 10%, apparently, and then they called, etc.

She asked for me to pass this along to you -

If you ordered this morning when your discount was not applied correctly (it is fixed now) then PLEASE do not re-order. Send her an email with your problem and order number and she will fix it...

Can you imagine? Probably the largest sale day of their history, and their internet is down?!?!

What I did was actually put every individual pattern in a seperate word doc with a copy of the pic off the website. ( :blush yeah I'm a geek :lol ) It didn't take me too long, I did it while watching TV last night. I'll have to ask if those files can be shared. :hook

It's probably just because my workplace has cached the page but I'm able to go download the Word file right now off the site.

I liked some of the kitschier patterns - like the potholders and tissue box covers, but I don't think I'll make all 40 of them or anything. I don't know why I like tissue box covers - they are sooo dorky, but there are some that I just think are pretty and girly and I just have to have some pretty and girly things around, lol! Not all tissue covers are good, though. I did like the two Maggie sent us for free, though. The Honeybee thingy, not so much.

Still, there are a lot of patterns there, and you never know when you might need a pattern that is outside your usual millieu, and thanks to Maggie, you might have just the thing!

Oh, and speaking of anal retentive, I not only pasted the pictures next to the patterns, I resized the text, and then I cut and pasted the "matching" patterns together.

I'm planning on making them separate files today.

Yep, count me among the geek brigade!

I'm in the geek brigade, but really didn't see anything there that I like. I make afghans mostly, and I think there was only one afghan in there (if there was any at all?) and it didn't thrill me. Maybe it was a ripple, because I don't really care for them. I have ripple-lexia... they all look the same to me! LOL!

Oh I can be OC too. However I didn't want to fool with it last night. Plus I though I'd tell those who also don't want to fool with, or just don't know how; so they can do it. ;)

Sorry if you had already mentioned that; there are a lot of duplicate posts and ideas being shared in this thread it would seem :lol

I am interested in those clover hooks and some other notions.

Are they 40% off too? or is just the patterns? thanks.

OK... the internet for YOU to order is working. It is THEIR internet service that is down, so they can't take phone orders OR respond to their emails.

I think the WHOLE SITE is 40% off, so hooks and everything. Put one in your basket and see - it shows the discount right away.

Guess so, I just placed my order and had a kit in there (which was already on sale :clap ) and it was given the discount, as well. Yippie! :woo

Archived