What are your crafting goals for May?

I like to cross stitch and read cross stitching blogs. I've noticed that alot of cross stitchers post their stitching goals for the month and then at the end of the month re-evaluate them to see what they've got done. I thought that would be fun to do here.

My goals for May are:

1. finish knitting baby sweater (current WIP)

2. finish crocheting baby blanket (current WIP)

3. finish up my vintage cardigan (UFO, I can't get into making myself something. I'm about 90% finished with it.)

4. finish an ornament I'm cross stitching (another UFO, I need really good lighting to do it)

5. make 5 fridgies for my swap partner

6. start working again on a doll I'm sewing for my one daughter (UFO)

So what are everyone else's goals??

My goals for May are:

1. Finish the Spiderman round ripple afghan

2. Finish the Patriotic Crinoline Lady

3. Get more local members in Chapter 19 Operation Toasty Toes (so far there's only 3 of us)

Good idea! I have almost given up on cross stitch ...I almost can see the squares if I take off my glasses and close one eye and hold it about 2 inches from my face:lol:lol:lol

So

Finish lapghan for godmother

Finish 5 lapghans for VA Hospital

fridgies for partner

doily for the back of the toilet in the master bathroom

I just ordered my edgery doo today so I am hoping to do a set of pillow cases , embroidered with crochet trim. One pillow sham will say Night Night and hte other Sleep Tight with sweet little bugs and butterflies..flowers etc... I am hoping to do the trim in a soft rose color if I can find some ## 3 thread.

That should pretty much keep me busy for May:D

My May goals:

1. Finish the diagonal scarf (a corner to go)

2. Finish the mother 's day scarf (6"/60")

3. Crocheted a sock or two. (got yarn)

4. Block/assemble the vintage cardigan. (trying to find a blocking board)

5. Diagonal Texture afghan (about 1/6 done)

6. Fall leaves afghan (leaves pieces - 288 pieces 4" and 5")

Dunno if I can do them all, but who knows ? :)

No crochet goals but I hope to finish the summer blouses I'm making for my mother (Mother's Day) and me. The blouses are plain but I embellish with machine embroidery.

Goals huh...

1. remake cow backpack/purse I made my sister to enter into a contest I know I wont win, but it is just too cute so want to make another

2. finish filling box I started last month for Operation Toasty Toes to send to Laurie

3. Make at LEAST 1 quilt block for another contest for Creative Home Arts...all blocks being made into quilts for charity

4. get back to work on hubbys "bra" quilt for the 18 wheeler...hopefully birthday/xmas gifty this year

For now thats it, and that is plenty.

My May goals:

1. finish sewing dress for friends 18 month old daughter

2. finish crocheting granddaughter's sweater

3. put together comfortghan for a little girl

4. start an afghan for a friend, need to finish by July when I go to visit

5. finish this school year and start summer vacation, which means more crocheting time :yay

May goals: (all crochet)

1 finish 2nd of 2 baby dresses for BIL's wedding

2 Make 2 potholders and 2 jar lid covers for wedding gifts

3 If I have time, make diaper covers to match the baby dresses

4 design a top for my DD with some fingering weight yarn I bought today,

I've never used that before

I have so much to do, setting out specific goals is tough for me. But here we go, let's see if I can manage...

1. Finish the belly bean's afghan

2. Finish my brother's afghan

3. Finish the "Lacy Sleeveless Top" in time for the hubby's swearing in ceremoney (June 2nd)

5. Finish DD's kitty ear hat (which has been sitting unfinished since last October)

4. Start and complete at least three, maybe four or even five FO's for my online store

5. Start at least one more large Christmas gift

Well, no idea if I can finish these, but I can try!

1. finish sweetpea shawl for DSs teacher

2. finish bernat Masala self striping shawl for myself

3. finish bernat Masala self striping shawl (different pattern) for co-workers DD graduating from medical school

4. finish 2 Maria Merlino's goddess shawls for barter with 2 online friends from other message board

1. Sew at least one skirt. (Finish it really, if my sewing machine will cooperate)

2. Make two crocheted handbags for Mothers' Day. Gotta get on the stick.

3. Continue crocheting blocks for table covering. Notice that I don't say tablecloth.

4. Be ready to rush off to my daughter's when she has this next baby (#5 for her!). OK, so that's not a crafting goal, but I suspect it's gonna take precedence over everything else!

Great idea!

My crafting goals for May:

1. Finish last "secret pal" project - it was a big one, and with my back problems, I wasn't able to get it done on time. I must admit, after the secret pal swap, and then the Spring Purse Swap right after, I've been a bit lazy the past two days, and haven't worked on it. Back to the grindstone, lol!

2. Finish knitting my mom's shawl in time for Mother's Day (ambitious goal) or her trip to her sister's for their birthday at the end of the month (more realistic goal).

3. Finish embroidering rose picture for Mom's birthday.

4. Finish last few squares of annoying baby blanket; it's officially a UFO at this point and it's a gift, so I must finish it and I have to do it by Mother's Day.

5. Re-start work on 63 Squares Afghan

OOh, i like reading what everyone is doing!

I plan to finish two WIPs and a UFO that are all 75% done:D , all cardigan/jacket type things, and to continue on my recently discovered UFO quilt (i completely forgot about it:think till i found it while looking for something else!)

Maybe if I put it in writing, it will really happen!

1. Finish baby afghan-only needs a border

2. Find yarn for market string bag-Peaches & Creme bag is too big for me-will be a birthday gift for tall friend

3. Start laying out a pattern for a painted "stained" glass window

4. Find yarn for crocheted purse for sister's birthday

5. Keep working on baby hexagon afghan

6. Finish cover for Crochet Journal and actually put entries in it

7. Almost forgot-rectangle granny for graduation gift

1. Frog the crochet sweater I've been working on, as all the ends are uneven. Restart and hopefully finish, because it works up fast.

2. Knit the second sleeve of the Central Park Hoodie I've been working on since the beginning of the year.

3. Start knitting a tank top from Knit Simple

4. Start embroidering the Stitch Lesson from the Sublime Stitching book.

To finish up the stuff on my current WIP list, and then maybe stop starting new things in time to work on my long sweater before next Fall gets here. :lol Seriously though, I dunno for certain. I have tons of things on my "WIM" list that maybe I will tackle, like patterns from all the great books and magazines I have been picking up lately. My biggest goal is to use up a lot of my yarn stash I've collected up now (so I can go do it all over again LOL). I now have enough patterns to inspire me to do just that, I feel. :hook

My list is comparatively short.

Finish the life-sized crocheted greyhound (which is more like a whippet size!).

Sew a couple of lap quilts for my charitable sewing group.

Maybe block some snowflakes I already have made.

My May Goals: (I am putting this into my signature!)

-Mother's day Daisy Ripple Ghan (WIP)

-FBB for my friend who's birthday is...um....in 4 days (eek!!)

-Shell Baby Blanket done (WIP)

-One summer top done for myself

-Get at least half done on my ripple ghan for my roomies

-Teach my one roomie, Samantha, to crochet!!! :cheer

I hope I can get it all done!!

I do alot of different crafts. My goals for this month are:

[] pj's for M's b-day

[] pj's for L's b-day

[] embroider baby quilt top. I take this to my kids ball practices. It helps in getting it done.

[] make all the needed cards for May.

I'm really wanting to get these things done, so I can start working on some crocheting again. It's my fave thing to do lately:hook

Archived