anyone have those glittery acrylic hooks from joann's?

i found them on clearance today for $2, and they were so pretty i HAD to get them, even if i don't like the shape of the top. the only problem is, i can barely read the sizes on them, and the ones i think i can make out sound wrong. does anyone else have these hooks and have any idea what color is what size??

If you're talking about the Crystalites

Blue is L-11

Purple is M-13

Aqua is N-15

Pink is P-16

They're still in the package because they were too pretty to use yet!:c9

What I did with mine was put 'white out' over the lettered area and wiped off the outside excess. It made the letters that are indented white and readable. Sure saves guessing.

oh, that's smart! thanks for the tip:D

i bought the glittery knitting needles around christmas and they were also on clearance, and they were less than half the price i'd paid for them! so i was happy to get the crochet hooks for $2 =) what kind of yarn glides well on acrylic needles anyway??

I don't have them...:dreaming I would like to have them. They are so pretty!!! I would :drool over them when I see them.

I love glitz...we all need some glitz in our life...but I am afraid they will break easily. I am dropping things way more than most people (MS, CFS, and arthritis) and I have wood floors. Being in a wheel chair at the present...it would probably go under my chair...I would roll over it and break it.

maggie, i'll test them and see how breakable they are for you lol, i know i bought those plastic crystallite hooks when i first started and first i dropped it and my dog chewed the handle, and then i crocheted too tight and i snapped the "hook" part right off! so we will see if these pretty hooks can withstand the wrath of lisa LOL.

and i wanted to buy two sets to see if anyone wanted them here on craftster, seeing as they were only $2, but i could only find one set and two sets of knitting needles. =( i'll keep my eyes open though. =)

• 2 weeks later...

This is pretty bad but I bought them cheap too at Christmas time and have never used them because I don't care for acrylic hooks! :think But I use them as a lovely decoration with my yarn on the shelf :lol

Archived