Pattern for pink mary janes! update!

I have added better pictures and corrected some errors and added the directions for the right shoe on my blog here. http://newthingcrochet.blogspot.com/2007/04/crochet-pattern-for-baby-mary-jane.html

Supplies:

size 10 cotton thread

size 7/1.65mm steel hook

button

Finished size is 3 1/2" long by 2" wide. To make it bigger just make the starting chain longer. I think the 2" wide should still be fine for a bigger babies foot. You might want to make the strap longer though.

Gauge:

9 st per inch

4 dc rows per inch

dc dec = yo, insert hook in next st and pull up a loop 2x, yo and pull through all 3 loops on hook

beg dc dec = ch 2, dc in next st

3 dc cluster = yo, insert hook in next st and pull up a loop 3x, yo and pull through all 4 loops on hook

Left foot:

Sole of shoe

Ch 14

rnd 1: ch 3 (counts as first dc now and throughout), 7 dc in 4th ch from hook, dc in next 12 ch, 8 dc in last ch, dc in bottom loops of next 12 ch, join with sl st to 1st dc. You should now have an oval with 40 dc total.

rnd 2: ch 3, dc in same st, 2 dc in each of next 7 sts, dc in next 12 st, 2 dc in each of next 8 sts, dc in next 12 sts, join with sl st to first dc. 56 dc total.

rnd 3: ch 3, dc in same st, dc in next 2 sts, (2 dc in next st, dc in next 2 sts)4x, 2 dc in next st, dc in next 12 st, (2 dc in next st, dc in next 2 sts)5x, dc in next 12 st, join with sl st to 1st dc. 68 dc total.

rnd 4: ch 3, dc in same st, dc in next 2 sts, (2 dc in next st, dc in next 2 sts)6x, 2 dc in next st, dc in next 12 st, (2 dc in next st, dc in next 2 sts)7x, dc in next 12 st, join with sl st to back loop of 1st dc. 84 dc total.

Top of shoe

rnd 5: working in back loops only, work starting dc dec, dc in next 2 st, (dc dec, dc in next 2 st)6x, dc dec, dc in next 12 st, work 15 dc dec over next 30 st, dc in next 12 st, join with sl st to both loops of 1st dc. 61 st total.

rnd 6: working in both loops, dc in next 34 st, (work dc dec, dc in next st)2x, work 3 dc cluster, (dc in next st, work dc dec)2x, dc in next 12 dc, join with sl st to 1st dc. 55 st total

rnd 7: dc in next 34 st, work dc dec, dc in next st, work dc dec, beginning in same stich as 2nd leg of last dec, work dc dec, dc in next st, work dc dec, dc in next 12 dc, join with sl st to 1st dc. 52 st total

rnd 8: dc in next 22 st, hdc, sc in next 28 st, hdc, join with slip st to 1st dc. 52 st total.

Strap: turn, sl st in hdc and next sc, ch 18, tr in back loop of 5th ch from hook and in next 13 ch, join with sl st to 2nd dc in last rnd. tie off.

You can sl st around the top of the shoe and strap and around where the sole meets the top of the shoe using the front loop of rnd 4. I recommend doing this at least around the top since it keeps the shoe from stretching out.

For right shoe: Work the same as left through 1st row, then turn to work rest of rows. This means that you will have to change the order of the directions for rows 2-8, doing the 12 dc 1st. This shouldn’t be too hard to figure out. If you are new or have questions please ask. I will try to come out with the pattern for the right shoe soon but I’m running out of time here. I haven’t tested this so let me know how it goes!

eastershoes.jpg

pinkmjsmall.jpg

Note that the shoes in the larger picture are different, I seem to change this pattern every time I use it. I will post better pictures when DH gets back from AZ with the camera!

I absolutely love these. They make me wish I could work with thread and a steel hook.

Wow!

:hook:hug

I have lately been using an F hook to crochet with thread so maybe I'll come up with a pattern using that. It would work up faster too. I saw a lady at church who has a new foster baby that is teeny tiny so it made me want to do another pair of preemie booties for her. (That's a whole other story but the baby is 6 weeks old and was starving so looks to be 6 or 7 pounds. This is the 3rd baby from the same mother they have gotten in not much more than 2 yrs. Don't some things make you so angry!!!!)

• 3 months later...

I love the shoe pattern. These would be super cute to make up and donate to the hospital for babies stuck in the hospitals nicu. It is sad that some mothers have not a care in the world when it comes to their own kids. Thank goodness that "the woman from church" has stepped forward and is able to open her home to these children. I use do baby-sit a couple foster kids for a friend of ours. It is heartwrenching(SP) work. Hard but at the same time fufilling.

Thank you for sharing this pattern.

• 5 months later...

I love these! I am quite the newbie... have made a few scarves and just finished my first beanie last night. I hope to be able to make thses cute little things one day!:manyheart

Thank you for sharing your pattern!

Sarah

Archived