Circular Needles

fuzzy ferret

Well, I got my Ebay bamboo circular set, but haven't had a chance to use them yet! But..... (especially after the good feedback here), I decided to take advantage of the Hobby Lobby 1/2 price implements set and bought myself a set of the interchangeable circulars from Boye. So, I will be able to compare the 2.... but, I gotta finish my first scarf first. :lol I'm enjoying knitting enough that I'm looking forward to doing something new when I get the time!

I just received 6 different sizes of Boye ( ?) Needles off ebay With shipping I paid $19.00 total, so I am thrilled. I have worked

the 'hat' off the origional silicon circ needles and now have it on the boye....SO much faster, but yet a bit slippery.....but I will take speed over sticky ness anytime. I am beginning to think this hat is going to be the death of me.

#1 Crochet Fan,

This looks exactly like the capelet I'm knitting! Did yours come in a kit? My needles broke too! I don't know how I'm going to pick up all the dropped stitches in the middle of the yo rows! Your capelet looks great!

Karla-

Yes, it did come in the kit. I've never actually knitted anything before. The way I fixed it was to pick up all the stitches the best I could. Then I knitted a row, going back to the pattern. I made sure that the stitches corresponded to the ones that were to be the right side ones . Because the lattice stitch is very forgiving, there is no way anyone could ever tell I had broken needles and needed to take stitches out. I placed markers as evenly as I could and it worked out okay. The only problem with fixing it this way is the seam in the back is not straight like it should be. It doesn't matter to me, though, because it's in the back and I'm happy that I was able to finish it. Truthfully, the pattern would have been better if it was done in the round with no seam at all.

You must be as frustrated as me! There is so much work involved and to have that happen is the worst. The tips here are so great. I especially like the idea of stringing yarn in as a life line so that when you're frogging , you don't have to worry about more pulling out.

Don't quit!! Keep at it! Maybe we should contact the company and complain to them about the needles. Since this happened to you as well, there must be something wrong with them. :)

I think you both should contact the company. You two perservered...but how many others just gave it up completely and threw it in the trash?? I would let them know. I'd hate to see someone give up the craft.

• 7 months later...

So, I've finally started using those crazy homemade bamboo needles I got on Ebay. I like them!

You can see one of them in use on my current knit project here. :D

th_knitscarf2.jpg

(click for bigger)

This is only my 2nd project so not a lot of room for comparison. But I find the wood to be just as easy to use as the metal pair of needles I used on my previous project.

Archived