1st Annual UPPER VALLEY FIBER FEST

Saturday, April 28, 2007

9am - 4 pm

Duke Lundgard Building

Miami County Fairgrounds Troy, Ohio

30+ vendors

live animals Demonstrations

Fun for the whole family

An event for knitters, spinners, crocheters, weavers, felters and anyone who works with fibers. A wonderful way to network and learn with other people who share a passion for the fiber arts.

For more information visit www.ewetopia.net

Seen this flyer at a local yarn shop in Troy, Ohio

thought I would share it with you all.

Sounds like a great event. I went to a Spring open house today at Rising Meadows Farm and I got a chance to see some sheep and Llamas, also brought a skein of yarn. In September I plan to visit their Farm Fest they have vendors and animals something for everyone to see, I hope you had a great time. I posted a picture of the Llama on my blog.

I was able to go to this one. For being first time for the Fiber Fest, it seemed to be pretty well organized and attended. There seemed to be a lot of booths selling roving for spinning or felting, some spinning wheels and drop spindles. I was a bit overwhelmed by the whole thing, as it was the first time I'd attended a fiber festival. I'm more used to shopping at Hobby Lobby, etc., for my supplies!

There were actually a lot of beautiful yarns for sale as well. Most of them were out of my price range for the weekend, but I did pick up quite a few business cards so I could check out certain vendors again when I have some mad money.

They have scheduled the 2nd Annual Upper Valley Fiber Fest for next year already. It's going to be held on Saturday, May 10th, 2008 from 9am-4pm at the Jr. Fair Building at the Miami County Fairgrounds.

Julie

I am so glad you made it. The was the first time that I went to a fiber fest. It was nice, but like you I shop at hobby lobby and joanns. So I was sticker socked, but I would go back again. I will have to save some mad money for next year.

Archived