I could just cry....

Ok, so yesterday, I bought some lionbrand suede to make the chic on the halfshell purse by the crochetdude well, I made one half, and i thought it looked a little wonky, but i figured it would all come together once I assembled it. Well I started working on the other half, and it looks nothing like the first half i did!:no I think I did the first half wrong because this second half looks more like the picture....I really don't want to frog all this work. I kind of like how the messed up half looks so maybe i'll just frog the second half and figure out what I did to the first half...Its just kind of hard to see the stitches with the suede. I really don't want to waste this yarn. It's the most I've EVER spent on a skein of yarn. I wanted to make the purse for my MIL birthday/mother's day gift(they are on the same day. I just feel so frustrated, I want to cry!

Don't cry. It's really frustrating to do all that work and then realize you have to frog. Put it aside for a little bit, and take a deep breath. Then decide which side you really like better, and frog the other side. We all make mistakes, but once it's done and put together I'm sure you'll feel better.

I agree with Janie. Step away from it for a day or two then decide. I can empathize with the wanting to cry. I spoiled myself with two balls of suede yarn recently that was on sale. Even on sale I could only justify two balls. Now I'm afraid to make anything with it but I will. Your purse will be lovely I'm sure. Think you just need to distance yourself from it. But in any event we're always here if you still need to talk :manyheart

I know how you feel. I just finished a summer tank top and it is way too big. I've worked 2 weeks on this and now I don't see anyway I can fix it! Guess I'll rip the whole thing out and try a different pattern.

that's so strange because i'm having trouble with the very same pattern!!!! except in my caseit is red heart plush yarn that i'm having fits with.. i think i'm gonna try to make at least one half with ww and see if i can figure out the stitches any better...please don't be discouraged....

Archived