Harry Potter Theme CAL

yarnyviolet

Okay, I did not make these, someone else did, but they are so cute! I made some Pygmy Puffs! (link).

I'm thinking I have some pink fun fur in my stash... some pink WW yarn... and coul dmake some up. I'm thinking just a ball, circle, would be enough for the "body". Black yarn embroidered on for the eyes...

Do you think Pygmy Puff's have arms and legs? If so, any ideas? Maybe I better double check with the book... :lol

All I found on the web was

Sold by Fred and George in Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, Pygmy Puffs are miniature puffskeins, "round balls of fluff in shades of pink and purple," that sell so quickly they "can't breed them fast enough." (HBP6) Ginny convinced her mother to buy one for her, and she named it Arnold. Arnold is frequently seen riding around on Ginny's shoulder in the Gryffindor common room, often with a hopeful Crookshanks trailing behind (HBP14).

Other ideas welcome...

Debbi

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is where I got my pattern from......http://www.crochetcabin.bravehost.com/

The pattern is emailed to you after purchasing , and is just for the sleeves . Shelleden is a Crochetville member.

Yarnyviolet , what "cardi" pattern are you using to attach your sleeves to?

ooops, actually my pattern is for the whole sweater, and it's completely crocheted too - even though the one in the movie has a knitted body. I think somebody else already corrected this earlier in this thread, but I just thought I'd put my :2c worth in. Also, I wanted to mention that I'm having great success with selling this pattern on my website and in my Etsy store (for those of you who sell your handmade items, I highly recommend it!) and now I'm starting to receive pictures of the completed sweaters! I am so thrilled to see what other people are doing with my design. One lady did the trim in different colors, to coordinate with the sleeves. It was stunning! Not to mention unique. There won't be another sweater exactly like it in the world. I would love to see it made in a solid color. It's been mentioned, but I haven't seen one yet. I'm tempted to make myself one in beige. Or mauve. Or.... oh gee, how do I decide on a color?! :oops Please send me pics of your completed MW sweater. crochetqueen1@verizon.net And let me know if I can have your permission to post the pics on my website. Thanks!

p.s. thanks Jen for the plug

Okay this was from another movie, but gave me an idea... if you don't want to crochet the doll part, you can do the clothing over a doll. For Lord of the Rings fans only : ) - link. it might be cute to do uniforms! Or even add yarn or doll hair to create the other dolls. Maybe find gray or silver for Dumbledore, would need a lot, but it could be cute.

I just finished crocheting a shawl for my Professor T's shawl (except weaving in ends, that's why there's no picture yet:blush ). It's in the Slytherin green yarn I had. I didn't add any guazy embellishments like she has on hers. I couldn't decide and I don't think I'll do any so it's easier to wash I figure I could add a pin or something if I wanted... or add some later if I want. I'm thinking it would be fun to do one in each house color, maybe both colors, or at least one. Maybe in every house color... hmm.. not sure yet. There are lots of shawl patterns out there.

Debbi

I don't see why you can't join, the original starter of this CAL I thik needs to confirm, but sometimes they leave crochetville :eek or the CAL, so WELCOME.

Lacy 3 Corner Shawl link to my Professor T's shawl. You'll see it's not gauzy like her's are, but as I said in a previous post, I decided not to do it. Even though I didn't name it that in the post (gave it the same it was in the leaflet) I still think of it as an HP item... it's the Professors item and it's in Slytherin green so that works for me.:yes

Debbi

OK, I didn't even think of this thread! I'd forgotten completely there was a CAL, so it was suggested I post this in here. My beloved has wanted a bookmark since I made one for his mom, but he's moaned that they're all "too girly", so may I present...

SP_A0087.jpg

SP_A0093.jpg

my teeny tiny thread snitch bookmark. I used this pattern but in stupid thread, using a 1.25mm hook. I have no idea what the gold thread is, but for the wings I used doubled up sewing thread. The snitch is half an inch high. :)

Forgot to post my finished Harry Potter Doll, finished it on 22nd Aug, just in time for my mum's birthday. She loved him and has him sitting next to her TV in her bedroom.

Rox

your HP doll is wonderful!!!

great projects everyone.:hook

naida

I finally took a picture of mine.

I did mine with 2 strands of yarn so I left off one increase round and did one less regular round. I used one strand of fun fur and one strand of WW. I just used yarn to do the eyes and since it looked sad, I added a smile:D

pygmypuff1.jpg

and here's a close up of one

pygmypuff2.jpg

Debbi

Thanks, Debbi, I haven't attempted doing a doll that's supposed to look like a person yet... so I don't know how that will turn out. haha. I should get my supplies next week sometime and get started on Harry. :)

I'm going to get started on my Wizard dolls this weekend... but I did work this bookmark up the other day. I believe this pattern is already linked to in this thread somewhere.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q266/Corrina2007/2007%20Projects/IMG_2710.jpg

I've been making crochet Harry Potter Scarves, in the house colors. I've made Gryffindor, Slytherin and Ravenclaw. I haven't made Hufflepuff yet, I guess that should be my next one.

Last night my feet were getting cold (it's getting colder here... burrr..:wbrr ) and so I decided that I would crochet me a pair of slippers. I thought I should have a new pair every year, they're easy and so nice. I had gold left over and a small ball of burgendy. So here are my slippers (from a pattern I made up years ago):

slippers-1.jpg

This was the stole I did in burgendy that I had some yarn left over from:

Rolling Waves Stole - link. It's from my HP color yarn so it can fit here too ;)

Debbi

Nice Slippers Debbi! I'm going to have a lot of Gold Yarn left over from my Wizard projects... and will have to come up with something to use it all up. It's not really a color I usually have.

I've been doing the pattern for the dolls, and I figured out that I don't like making stuffies that much... so I'll probably just do the main Wizard doll and maybe the owl. I don't know what it is about it... but I can never get them to look quite right. haha:(

that's a great idea, Debbi, I was thinking about doing something like that.

I'm about 3/4 done with my imitation Harry doll.. but since he came out smaller than the pattern, I'm going to take a little more time figuring out how to make his clothes smaller. But he has pants now! :):yarn

Can't wait to see the doll!

Maybe some gold stars you could put on gift bags? or on your tree or around your house? Gold napkin rings for the holidays? Or anyday really. Gold balls (I crocheted some balls and just used those as Christmas ornaments. I would add some 3d paint and "write" something on it, or just decorate it). Gold garland? Gold yarn doily? Oh, I may need to buy more more gold yarn! LOL

Lots of items you could make.

Archived