Harry Potter Theme CAL

yarnyviolet

Doing a search I found the Charmed knits Index has some great ideas for HP. It looks like there must be some crochet things in there because theres the "crochet techniques" under C and "half double crochet" under H. I might have to look for this at the bookstore and see what it has.

It says there's a Clock Blanket. I wonder if that's the clock in the Weasley house. That would be so cool!

Debbi

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I own that book (1 of 4 knitting books I've purchased) and the crochet is not for any whole patterns. It's suggested for joining a bag together in sl st, and it is also used in part on the Molly Weasley sleeves. (Yep, knitting needed crochet. :lol:D )

Here's what's in it, by the way. So many patterns for such a small book!

the Weasley sweaters

2 bags

Molly's technicolor housecoat (so now there's a knitted version! well, in part at least.)

Errol, the Weasley owl

clock blanket, yep it's the same as her clock in the house

Wizard cap

Wizard robe (hooded)

invisibility "shawl" (this pattern irritates me! It's a rectangular wrap, nothing at all like I envision the real invisibility shawl to be like. But, it is cute at least.)

Wand cozy

Quidditch sweater & socks

house scarves - year 1/2, and 3/4

house hats - beanie, beret

house mittens, socks, sweater

house hip scarf

house bookscarves

Dobby socks

"elf" hats (baby sized)

Christmas ornaments (too cute tiny sized sweater! & golden snitch balls)

Phoenix tears scarf (this also irks me. cute but just an "inspired" item, not really from the story at all)

red cable sweater, hat, mittens

Ron's animal crackers hat

Ron's raglan sweater

Thanks for the list of patterns. I looked at the TOC this morning I didn't think there were many patterns, but it looks like it.

I don't think there are any whole crochet harry potter pattern books. :no Wish there was. Guess we'll have to make one ourself from Crochetville:yes

I noticed in a magazine at the store yesterday had HarryPotter on the cover. The strips have changed this movie, at least on the ties so probably on the scarfs too. It looks like, mc (burgendy) (long area), cc (gold), mc, cc, mc (long area), cc (very thin), and then starts over.

Debbi

Ooo, can't wait to see the year 5 house scarves! Just when I've gotten about halfway done knitting my year 1/2 designed one. :lol

The only HP crochet patterns I am aware of are just from individuals, like the Molly Weasley sleeves. I found this too

http://gallery.the-leaky-cauldron.org/category/598

Not patterns, but pics of finished items... may be nice for ideas, at least.

I hope somebody makes a book!

Welp here's my Harry Potter gear for today:

HarryPottergraph5.jpg

and here I am in it:

HarryPottergraph3.jpg

wrist warmers:

HarryPottergraph4.jpg

:manyheart:cheer:clap ABSOLUTELY AWESOME! This one deserves a printed pattern to be published I think. Just really cute and creative. I love it. TFS!

How about a cauldron bag? It's cute. I think this my next project (well sometime after I finish the Professor T shawl and house colors afghan and... ). http://www.llewellynjournal.com/article/786

Or a crochetd cauldron http://www.crochetnmore.com/candycauldron.htm

For the herriomine's out there crocheted Rune set. How about putting these on afghans, maybe in a square or put the rune symbol in a square? Maybe around a boarder of the afghan? Looks like it could be made into a game? Maybe a matching game to test your knowledge of the runes?

It's dark green (can't think the color). Red heart worsted weight yarn. The pattern is from a Liesure Arts leaflet Simply Shawls. It's the Three Corner Shawl. I'm not going to do fringe like they have. Not sure on the beads or whatever I'm going to add to it. That will be fun, going around micheals and seeing what I want to add to it.

Debbi

Aelita, great job on the HP graphed outfit! That is so cool, I bet you got tons of great reactions at the theater!

Can you believe that the book is only 2 days away? I'm so excited! And ready to be done making scarves. EVERYONE wants one, and all I have left to do is one for me (which I'm....gulp....knitting) and a knitted one for my friend Jenna. She's okay with having hers later, thank goodness! Thus far, I've crochet 3 Gryffindor SS style, 1 POA style, 2 slytherins, and two ravenclaws. And then numerous more doggie scarves!

Here's the latest one I did. It's a Ravenclaw in the blue and bronze of the book. I used RHSS in navy and oatmeal, but combined the oatmeal with some bedspread-weight thread in a shiny gold color. It really bronzed up and looked beautiful!

100_0402.JPG.jpg

I'm a Ravenclaw! I'd have never guessed. (Now if Hermione where a Ravenclaw, this would make total sense).

I am ravenclaw too tthe next compatable thing would have been gryphendor I really can't spell and my mind went blank LOL

Harry Potter -Order of the Phoenix - link to crochet sighted in the movie (and other HP movies). Page 2 has a link to a pattern similar to Luna's bolero in the movie, which I think I'll make this fall (it's too hot right now to think of it).

I took some of my left over yarn from the house afghan (still a wip) and am making a purse. Since I didn't think of the gold thread to add to the brown to make it bronze (great idea) I used it on the purse too with teh dark blue. I didn't mean to as I was going to use the left over gray/silver, but decided I like those 2 colors together. When I finish it I'll let you know as it's kind of an HP purse as it's the house colors...

Debbi

• 2 weeks later...

I've made a few house inspired scarves. (Two gryfindor, for my best friends, and a Slytherin, what can I say except.... MY HOUSE RULES!)

I have started on a Gryfindor themed afghan for one of the above mentioned folks.... after a certain redhaired death, she'll need it.

And that's it, unless you count the shirt I tyedyed green and painted "Voldemort is my homeboy" on. After the seventh book, I was told I wouldn;t want to wear it anymore....

I'm wearign it now, but I need to add a "In Loving Memory" section to the back.

can I join in too?

I've been wanting to make something HP themed. Maybe a ghan in Slytherin colors, my favorite house:hook

Naida

My Home House.

(Goin to a late night HP party, invariably they sort you.... and then four times try to tell you good things about Slytherin... Uh yeah... :lol Apparently they believed a seventeen year old growing up in the HP craze had never been sorted?)

Kimblee can't wait to see the Gryfindor themed afghan, that sounds nice.

darncat saw the Hedwig doll and posted in your link, I thought it was great.

I caught the snitch :) - link to my newest HP item. I think it turned out cute. I had left over gold (of course) and it didn't take very much, in fact so little I still have a little ball left of gold that I maybe could make another snitch...

Debbi

I finished my Molly Weasley Sweater. I've posted it in the Show & Tell section.

As you'll read in my post, my youngest daughter is ending up with this one and I'm now making one for me.

Archived