Harry Potter Theme CAL

yarnyviolet

Rox love the doll! Super cute! You've done a great job.

new harry potter movie Link has a link to a picture of the new movie with Luna in a purple bolero. We couldn't find the pattern, but you could probably do any pattern.

Oh I've been looking for that but couldn't see it on that site! Found it on here http://evannalynch.net/

http://www.evannalynch.net/evanna/4.png

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I now know what I'm gonna do...

a dragon scarf complete with head, wings, legs and tail... I'll get it drawn up and

then hopefully it'll look like the drawing ... at least somewhat!!! Can't wait to start

on it ... I don't know why I like to crochet CREATURES so much and not clothing, but

hey... I guess this is a start... a dragon scarf!!!

I was just reading book 2 at lunch and Aragog came up in a chapter. What a creature that would be! I'm sure there are spider patterns on the net, and just making it bigger might not be too much of a problem.

If you really like creatures, look for the book Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Yes that book was really published for everyone. It's usually with the Quidditch book. Fantastic Beasts list them in alphabetical order and some have drawing to give you ideas.

Debbi

Oh good site with the pictures. Kind of hard to find, but its http://www.harrypotter-xperts.de/news?id=3734 - link it's in German, but if you go to Seite 3, you will see a picture of Luna Lovegood in the bolero, this one shows the sleeves really good.

Thanks! I am so saving that pic now that I've seen it. I guess they were just blocked from work, LOL. I love the sleeves. :)

I thought I would share the scarfs I made for my newphews....

The older one who is 12

Scarf1.jpg

And for the 8 year old I thought the bigger scarf was to big, so I made a smaller one and asked my mother to use her embordery machine to make the Gryffidor shields.

scarf2.jpg

I forgot to take a picture of the shawl I'm doing. I decided to start another proejct (why I don't know:think ) and I started making a shawl with the left over green from my HP afghan (no it's not finished yet:blush ) and then I thought, hm, since it's green, I could add some silver beads or sequence to it (Slytherin look). Then I remember reading about Professor Trelawney's shawls and she wears "gauzy spangled shawls". So I thought this will work perfect. I'll get a nice green shawl that's more elegent. But I haven't anything to add to it, but that will be a fun part:yes walk around Micheals and see what they have.

The shawl is from an old leaflet (can't remember the name right now).

Debbi

I finally ordered my Molly Weasley pattern and I'm really excited about it. I'm a bit behind in this CAL due to other projects I have to finish. I've really enjoyed seeing everyone else's projects. They look really great.

Did you see this link in the other Harry Potter thread? It's a website that sorts you into your house. I'm a Hufflepuff.

Burgendy & Gold Purse link to the bag I made to carry with me to the movie this weekend. I had tons of left over yarn from my House colors afghan so I decided to make a bag. And it wasn't payday so I couldn't finish my Professor T. shawl I was making and started a bag. Didn't like it so I frogged that one and made this one quickly. I thought I might do a belt to match and maybe some roses for shoes (from the July/Aug Crochet Today magazine) but not sure...

Debbi

I saw the other link and I was just about to post to put it in here when lo and behold it already is here. I love the purse, if I saw you before tomorrow I might have to beat you up and take it b/c you made my fav house colors lol. I don't normallly like purses but I love anything Harry Potter so of course I would wear it.

Welp here's my Harry Potter gear for today:

HarryPottergraph5.jpg

and here I am in it:

HarryPottergraph3.jpg

wrist warmers:

HarryPottergraph4.jpg

Absolutely STUNNING!!!!! You did a wonderful job!! I will have to make sure my daughter does not see this thread, or I will have to make her one:cheer

I started the sweater last night (it's my very first sweater) and I appear to be having some gauge issues. I'm making the sweater in the small/medium size.

The gauge says 6 dc/4 rows = 2" using size J hook. My 6 dc does equal the 2" but my row count does not. My row count is 3 rows = 2" If I go to a smaller hook size to get the row count correct, won't that mess up the 6 dc measurement? What do I do now?

Archived