Harry Potter Theme CAL

yarnyviolet

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come join! I am having problems picking another project too after the Molly Weasley sweater. I am want to finish an afghan before starting another (like the burgundy and gold afghan I was planning). I am making two afghans right now and starting a third would be insane!

Rachel

Oh dear. A HP crochet-along. I think I need a reason to join. The only problem is, I have nothing to crochet. My mom bought the Charmed Knits book a while ago and I had her make me things from it...the Quidditch knee socks and the grey sweater (Ravenclaw book colors).

I'm dressing up as Luna for our release party (I work at the bookstore, but I'd be there anyway). Can you guys think of anything crocheted that Luna might have? My costume is fairly complete already. Maybe a wand bag. That could be fun. Except I'd need a wand...hm.

Thoughts?

Rox love the doll! Super cute! You've done a great job.

new harry potter movie Link has a link to a picture of the new movie with Luna in a purple bolero. We couldn't find the pattern, but you could probably do any pattern.

For a wand I tried to crochet one:blush , I found you need something in the center. Maybe find a wooden stick (in the craft department) that they've used for other HP wands, and crochet around it. This will give it the firmness it needs. I also thought maybe a strong wire stick of sorts, stuffing around that and the crochet around that. I just did a small cricle, (maybe 3-4 rounds of single crochet) and then crocheted up, then did a double post crochet for the edge of the handle, then decreased and crocheted to the edge and decreased at the edge. It was hard with yarn. I wonder if thread would work better or a sports weight yarn.

Debbi

Well I was bored and decided to crochet something for my Luna costume. I ended up making the wand bag, but I added a poof ball because it just seemed like something Luna would do. The yarn is just leftovers. I kind of think the green is ugly, but it works somehow. You'll have to click it to see it bigger, because the small picture doesn't do it justice. :P

th_6-19-07.jpg

ABSOLUTELY LOVE LITTLEWRITER'S LUNA WAND BAG!!! AND EVERY ONE'S IDEAS...

I knew I shouldn't have read the new posts this morning!!! Now I WANT TO

ADD SOMETHING ELSE TO MY MILE LONG LIST!!! But I crochet mainly fun little goodies...

I'll design some clipart to show you what I want to do... as I probably can't

start on it till August. But we'll see!

What should I do...

Harry,

a Dragon,

a Hippogriff ( is that right?),

an owl,

one of those green mermaid looking people in water from last movie (can't

remember their names),

any other ideas...???

It's been too long since I read the very last books .. can't remember what's in them.

THANKS!! PEGGY

Great list. I think it's just MerPeople or something like that. And in the book Fantastic Beasts Where to Find Them, it says they're pretty but Harry or Ron added a comment, "they're not" or something like that, so you have lots of options on how to make them.

I'm not sure what my next project will be. I was thinking of the Nordstrom Hobo bag as I like it, but in HP colors. Or at least a bag in HP colors. Not sure which colors yet though. I'm almost done with my afghan, just need to finish sewing in ends to 3 more squares and I have 3 rows sewen together (wanted to get them sewen together, was tired of sewing in ends). And the edging. Then I'm done.

Debbi

Scarf for anyone - link. I found this and if you scroll down to the message, you see how she figured out how to make a scraf for her daughter and to fit.

Harry Potter scarves - link to other ideas with the different versions.

I read on a blog where someone said they made a scarf but at the premier or book party it was too hot and wore it like a belt, so I thought a belt would be cute to wear.

Oooooo - I know.. I'll do a .. (HELP ME PICK ONE PLEASE!!!):

1. A Scarf that looks like a Basilisk!!!

2. A Stuffed Dobby

3. One of the Dragons from the last movie

4. A Griffin

5. Norbert? Hagrid's baby dragon

6. A Merperson from the 2nd TriWizard competion

HELP!!! Maybe I can do the scarf and one other... but

they'll have to get sandwiched inbetween everything else ... maybe by the time the :snow !!!! Just kidding!!!

A dragon might be good. I saw on a website that they had some artwork for the Deluxe edition (the $65 one) and it's the trio flying on a dragon. So that would work perfect with the next book. Do you have a pattern in mind?

A dragon might be good. I saw on a website that they had some artwork for the Deluxe edition (the $65 one) and it's the trio flying on a dragon. So that would work perfect with the next book. Do you have a pattern in mind?

I design my own patterns ... the dragon would definitely be the most difficult, but it is on my TO-DO list anyway. The dragon I design will not be a simple

little dragon...he's gonna be big, very detailed and hopefully AMAZING!!!!! :eek:) The Harry Potter dragons are cool tho. The one I design I want to sell the pattern to so I'd have to change it somewhat to make it mine. So the new book has a dragon? Can you give me the link to that artwork you saw????

I wish I had 48 hours too.

Luna idea: Raddish earrings. Can't remember where she wears them or if they're in the movie only or book. But that might be an idea. I couldn't see a crochet pattern for them, but they couldn't be too hard. I found some maybe out of some sort of clay, and it's basically a ball with some leafy item next to them. So that might be an idea for a Luna look...

I am making myself a House Color afghan as well but I am starting on my HP tank top fpr the movie too. So far I have ten Gryffindor color squares done and here is what they look like:

Gryffsquare.jpg

The rest will be this way as well just in their house colors.

I like the circle in the square. That looks great. I really like the gold circle, that gives it a really nice feeling. Please post the others as you do them, I'd like to see how you choose to do them. I think I got mine mixed up, I finished book 1 (again) and it said at the end when they changed banners which color changed to which color and my center was different then what the book changed to. I think it said the green changed to gold and the silver to burgendy. I have silver in the center and gold in the center. But that's okay. I still like how it's turning out.

Debbi

Thank you I'm going to the Silver(grey) in the center with the green outside for Slytherin, the bronze(oatmeal in RH color) on the inside and blue on the outside for Ravenclaw, and yellow on the inside and black on the outside for Hufflepuff, IDK to me they look better that way,but when I join the Gryffidor colors I will join them maybe with gold IDK yet.

I now know what I'm gonna do...

a dragon scarf complete with head, wings, legs and tail... I'll get it drawn up and

then hopefully it'll look like the drawing ... at least somewhat!!! Can't wait to start

on it ... I don't know why I like to crochet CREATURES so much and not clothing, but

hey... I guess this is a start... a dragon scarf!!!

I bought the Molly W sweater pattern today :clap

I am going to make it for my daughter, I will start it sometime this week.

I can't wait!!!

Love the dragon scarf idea! If you did the wings long enough that could go around the neck to keep warm. So the head and tail hang down the front... maybe... or they could connect around the neck with a button or snap. I don't know, just thinking :think how it would work, because I'm not sure:blush

Good luck on the MW sweater! I haven't even started mine but I have the pattern and have plenty of time as there are more movies and I don't see HP ending even after the books.

I wish I had 48 hours too.

Luna idea: Raddish earrings. Can't remember where she wears them or if they're in the movie only or book. But that might be an idea. I couldn't see a crochet pattern for them, but they couldn't be too hard. I found some maybe out of some sort of clay, and it's basically a ball with some leafy item next to them. So that might be an idea for a Luna look...

LOL! Cute idea. She wears those in both the book & (well I presume also in the movie) for the Order of the Phoenix... I happened to find this image of her wearing a beaded pair (they just don't look right to me that way)

http://www.hpana.com/imageviewer.cfm?nid=19608&f=luna-ootp.jpg

But....

http://www.hpana.com/news.19888.html

says she actually made them herself. Hee!

*edit, you can see them in several pics on here too http://evannalynch.net/

I now know what I'm gonna do...

a dragon scarf complete with head, wings, legs and tail... I'll get it drawn up and

then hopefully it'll look like the drawing ... at least somewhat!!! Can't wait to start

on it ... I don't know why I like to crochet CREATURES so much and not clothing, but

hey... I guess this is a start... a dragon scarf!!!

That sounds really, really awesome, for lack of a better word... LOL! I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Archived