Yarn question???

crochetcrazy

At my LYS, seeking yarn for a shawl that I am currently working on in my own way having thrown away the pattern!!

I WAS TOLD that crocheting takes 'QUITE A BIT MORE YARN' than knitting and that I should buy more than she would need for a knitted shawl.

Since I've never made a shawl before, I don't know. Since I've never knitted only crocheted and only for a few months, I don't have an experience about this.

Do you ??? Is this true?? Or just more knitter vs crocheter confusion/prejudice? Or just a way to get me to buy way more yarn than I needed(I didn't)...it is one expensive shop, by the way, with nothing under $8 a ball!

Thanks for the answers to my long winded question!

So right, crochet is faster!! :)

No thumbs up emoticon, but thre is a thumbs up posticon. When replying, there are some posticons (shown across the top) you can use.

Guest PamCrochets

Your wish is my command! Check out our new smileys, aren't they cute? I couldn't find a little pig face Morici, but if you can find one, I'll add it for you. :clap

Just make sure he's tiny, and the background is clear. :nono

~Pam

Guest PamCrochets

Here's a piggy for you Morici. :pig

Thanks Donna. :D

Yes, I'm going to be obnoxious with my new toys. :lol

~Pam

Well...thanks for the info. I guess that she was RIGHT :blush and I was perhaps being a little intimidated by the prices. I must admit they had lovely stuff and I wished I could buy it all:jump but alas I do have a budget and this one hank was $43:eek

As you can see I love these new smiley cuties:Y and am just getting the hang of using them here:wave

Pam, this site is great:Y and you should take a big :bow for all of your hard work:clap :clap :clap

Archived