Where can I find an Edgery Doo

I want to do thread edgings on dainty pillowcases that I embroider...how incredibly vintage will that be... then of course there are bound to be grandbabies int eh future ...sock trims... dishtowels ....yep..opens a whole new door

Wow! All of those are great ideas...it has so many more uses than I originally thought! Can't wait!

So how do you decide which kit to buy? Is this a dumb question?

:manyheart:hug

I just started with her "basic" kit on the top of the page, I wasn't interested in the beginning to do "quilting" with it ... YET! I will probably be purchasing a square pattern here and there in the future.

I know I want one...but what can I use it for besides blankets? I saw t-shirts on the website...any other ideas to further justify my obsessive need to acquire? :)

Just the fact that you WANT one should be justification enough, it was for me! :rofl

Been lookin' at it for a while now, finally ordered it the beginning of last week & she was outta town, so it arrived yesterday. I couldn't decide which I should get so I bought the EdgeryDoo 2 and it's still sitting in the box on the DR table :blush Work really hasn't allowed me to do much of anything besides... WORK! I can't wait to open this up & start makin' pretties too! :)

Well, it was taken out of my hands, and decided for me. I was talking to my sister on IM and linked the page to show her the Edgery Doo. She also agreed that I really HAD to have it. Only she went a step further and ordered it for me, along with the Edgery Doo2 full set, at her insistence. She said it was for my upcoming birthday. Never look a gift horse in the mouth, right? I guess the first blanket will be for her.

Well now I suppose I will be hanging out in the fabric departments as well, as if yarn wasn't enough. (Mr. Wonderful will love this when he hears it!) Darn Wal-Mart for shrinking their fabric and craft department down to nothing!

what a great sister!! time to start stocking up on fabric!:D

Well, it was taken out of my hands, and decided for me. I was talking to my sister on IM and linked the page to show her the Edgery Doo. She also agreed that I really HAD to have it. Only she went a step further and ordered it for me, along with the Edgery Doo2 full set, at her insistence. She said it was for my upcoming birthday. Never look a gift horse in the mouth, right? I guess the first blanket will be for her.

Well now I suppose I will be hanging out in the fabric departments as well, as if yarn wasn't enough. (Mr. Wonderful will love this when he hears it!) Darn Wal-Mart for shrinking their fabric and craft department down to nothing!

Came home from doing some errands and found a package on the doorstep. Hooray, the Edgery-Doo is here! It only took 2 days to get here from GA. I am so excited, I want to run out to the fabric store and get started. But it would be safer for me to wait til Monday when you-know-who is at work and I can easily smuggle my new fabric stash into the house, and hide it with the yarn stash.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't have a clue to what ya'll where chatting about. I went to the website and WOW! What a niffty gadget. That sure does beat eye balling with an awl. If I tried to mark anything or pre punch, the holes would disappear before I got to them. This is defiently going on my wish list.

Rosemary

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all - longtimer lurker, first time poster. I stumbled across the edgerydoo website and yes I too immediatley said " I have to have one". I finished my first baby blanket with it last night, it is AWESOME! If anyone does get one, the one thing I will reccomend it getting a rotary cutter. I am going to buy some more fleece this weekend, so excited!

Anyone know of any links for some fairly simple edging patterns, all the patterns I am finding are pretty complex, which really would not look right on a fleece blanket. Let me know. Thanks!!

Hello all - longtimer lurker, first time poster. I stumbled across the edgerydoo website and yes I too immediatley said " I have to have one". I finished my first baby blanket with it last night, it is AWESOME! If anyone does get one, the one thing I will reccomend it getting a rotary cutter. I am going to buy some more fleece this weekend, so excited!

Anyone know of any links for some fairly simple edging patterns, all the patterns I am finding are pretty complex, which really would not look right on a fleece blanket. Let me know. Thanks!!

CPC has tons of edgings, have you checked there?

Isn't this thing just wonderful??? I am about to embark on making a quilt with this thing. Like with 100% cotton and crocheted edges! :woo - wish me luck!

I am currently working on my first Edgery Doo project. I found it a little difficult to work with and ended up using scissors because I couldn't cut thru the whole fleece material. It would leave like a strand here and a strand there connected. I love the holes being so evenly spaced tho and I can't wait to finish this blanket! It is a Cars blanket for my 3 yr. old great nephew. And I bought enough material to make a pillow as well! I plan on stuffing it with the scraps of material from cutting the fleece! Is there any tricks of the trade that anyone can share with me to make using the Edgery Doo any simplier?

Hi Deb. I was wondering if you were using a new blade with your rotary cutter? I have found that a sharp blade is important. Also, this might sound silly, but make sure that your work surface is a good height for you. At first, I was working on a table that was too tall for me and I could not position myself high enough over the template so that I could push down firmly with both the rotary cutter and the piercing tool. I hope that helps. If not, let's keep working at a solution.:scrachin

I orderd mine last weekend I cant wait to use it and compare it to blanket stitch i did on the baby blanket, I plan on making blaze orange baby blanket with camo edging for dh's cousin who's fiancee is expecting opening morning of deer season and a big camo throw to donate for auction at a banqut dh and I go to every year, it $ made goes to scholarships and we get a pair of tickets to the auction.... and knowing my m.i.l. she will have to buy

• 3 weeks later...

Well I just edgery done myself in. Ordered the kit(s) and some fleece off ebay, now its off to Joanns for a rotary cutter/mat and Loews to get sheet rock or whatever that stuff is.:think I have so many obligations to make charity blankets, I figured this would be a fast & fun way to do it.

I cant wait

Well I just edgery done myself in. Ordered the kit(s) and some fleece off ebay, now its off to Joanns for a rotary cutter/mat and Loews to get sheet rock or whatever that stuff is.:think I have so many obligations to make charity blankets, I figured this would be a fast & fun way to do it.

I cant wait

Did you get the edgery do from ebay, or just the fleece, I am loving those blankets made with it, just might have to check out getting one for myself.

Archived