YAS! Hide!

Piper0110

I've got horrible Yarn Acquisition Syndrome. I have all this yarn that I don't know what to do with, yet I need more.

Well, a lot of it, I know what to do with. It's just getting around to it. Or buying the added supplies I need. I have this beautiful vareigated yarn (a discontinued Patons - Summerdaze), and I want to make a blanket, but have one skein. And so I need to buy some other yarns to use with it and maybe make a stripey afghan or something. Any suggestions on the best way to match? Think doing it online is safe?

Also, I need to make a trip to Wal-Mart on my lunch break to see if I can find some plastic hooks for my upcoming trip to Toronto, and I'm tempted to buy some yarn. I'm really intrigued by the cotton yarn they sell, but can't come up with ideas. Suggestions, anyone? I've got 90 minutes til I leave :) But I'll take late suggestions too!

I bought some of the Red Heart Casual Cot'n from Walmart that I'm making hats out of. I've been really impressed with the yarn so far.

Isn't YAS so fun???? Have fun on your trip to Toronto!

The best way to match is if you can get a swatch card. Those aren't always easy to come by, though. Some web sites are better than others as far as accurate color goes. Beehive Wool is pretty good. You can order from wherever you want, but you could check out colors there. The Patons web site isn't bad either, but I think they show the colors a bit brighter than actual.

Hmm... don't have any ideas for the cotton yarn, but I like it, too. :)

I'm thinking of using Patons anyway, since that's what this skein is.

Also, my Wal-Mart no longer sells plastic hooks. Boo. Now it's a question of searching out a store or placing an order somewhere (which, of course, means ordering way more than I need).

Archived