sock yarn

gingerchai

Has anyone used sock yarn form anything else besides making socks? Lately I've been buying hand-painted yarn on ebay and saw some beautiful sock yarn, but wondered if it would be appropriate for making a lacy shawl.

gingerbone

I don't see why not! I havent used sock yarn, but I believe any yarn is good for making shawls :D It just depends on the weight and type of shawl you want. For something lacy, I would definately go with the lower weight yarn (such as sock yarn) because it's thinner. Let us know if you purchase it and use it for a shawl, I would love to see the finished piece!

Hi there!

I'm making a poncho out of Patons Kroy sock yarn, and I'm loving it. I'm using a hook that's too large, and a fairly open pattern. I have a terrible photo of the work-in-progress on my blog, <a href="http://www.blog.werker.ca/index.php?itemid=12" target="_new">here</a> (just scroll down).

Let us know what you decide, and how it goes!

Cheers,

hi kim and chelle:

i bought some multicolored wook sock yarn at the wal-mart and just couldn't figure out what do with it. it's multicolored and i have been wanting to make one of those funky sort of lacy ponchos. after i find my digital camera i will post the results (if it comes out okay).

tracy aka gingerbone :fluffy

Archived