pantonia

crochet bolero question

I am fairly new at crocheting and I am challenging myself by making a crochet bolero for my little niece. I took all her measurements and decided to do the whole thing using the alternate shells pattern. Does anyone know how to do the increases and decreases using this pattern? In order for the pattern to work the number of stitches per row need to be a multiple of six stitches plus 2. Any suggestions? thanks:think

:cheer hello and welcome to the ville. You have to find out how many stitches per inch for your hook. but if you wing it, count how many chains for the bottom row I guess and make sure it is a multiple of 6 ( you know, 6-12-18 24 and then add the extra 2 at the last multiple. but you really should get a guide book that can explain better what your needs are.:manyheart

I am fairly new at crocheting and I am challenging myself by making a crochet bolero for my little niece. I took all her measurements and decided to do the whole thing using the alternate shells pattern. Does anyone know how to do the increases and decreases using this pattern? In order for the pattern to work the number of stitches per row need to be a multiple of six stitches plus 2. Any suggestions? thanks:think

:waving There ! :welcome from Maggie:cowgirl in Stoneboro, PA!

Howdy from Oklahoma

Welcome to Crochetville

Hi and Welcome to crochetville from the sunny Island of Trinidad West Indies.

Ferosa

Hi pantonia! Sorry I can't help with the increases and decreases for that sheel stictch... but I'm sure there is someone on this forum that can help you! There are alot of VERY talanted people on here!