What's your current project

nothing right now, can you beleive it? I am looking for the pattern for the 2010 cro'ville bag I saw the other day. My daughter is having my first granddaughter and she doesn't like regular baby bags. Her first one was a suede bag (for diapers I ask you) anyhow I thought that bag would be perfect for a one of a kind diaper bag, However I don't remember where I saw the pattern. I did see all the beautiful bags, designed from the pattern. I am going to make it out of worsted in deep rose pink and chocolate brown I have in my yarn vault. So if someone can direct me, I have 3 weeks before my bundle gets here. Waited til the last minute didn't I. Will post pictures when I figure it out. thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have just finished my fourth Mary Maxim Annie's Lace Throw (even with all the 'misprints' in the pattern) and am now doing a quick rectangle granny square for our church prayer ministry. Next is a shawl for ME (believe it or not). This is a new pattern to me from Annie's Attic.

I am just living vicariously through all of the crocheters here & enjoying your project photos. I broke my middle finger on my crochet hand about 5 weeks ago & haven't been able to crochet yet. The PT let me go Tues so I am planning to try a small bookmark soon... I'm sure it will be more time before I can tackle a regular project. You ladies keep my impatience in check though! :yes

I am working on 7 RR all in variegated yarn

1 is a baby afghan, white, blue, aqua, and green

painted desert, lipstick, shades of blue, shades of green, seagrass and jet stream with teal

• 2 weeks later...

2 afghan, 1 vstitch adult sized in dusty rose color, and 1 giant "no hole" granny style using all scraps and as soon all scraps are gone I'll start using unused skeins each in different colors so it stay scrap-like look I love working this one!

I am getting ready to start on a christmas present for my sister in law she has apples in her kitchen so i am going to make potholders,hotpads,placemats all in apples I hope i can get it done in time.

Currently working:

Loving Hearts afghan for cousin's wedding. Should be finished in time

Baby afghan for my daughter. She's 15 months, so I didn't finish that in time.

Grandma's Lace afghan for myself. It's for me which means it will never get finished.

Cupcakes for my kids to play with. They're already crocheted, just need to be sewn together and stuffed.

• 2 weeks later...

I have...3 things going on right now!

The one I'm spending most of my time on is a baby afghan for my cousin's soon to be little baby!

I also am working on a granny square afghan for myself...that's my "make a square whenever I have a min" project so I know it'll take forever, and a that's okay.

Those are here with me TDY.

At home I have a bunny doll that I'm working on!

• 7 months later...

Now that Holiday gifts are done, I just picked out a pattern for arm chair covers. Got DH a new recliner and he is hard on the arms. Ink from newpaper and little crumbs and those orange cheeto spots from snacks. Great thing is that he actually asked me to make them for him....

Now that Holiday gifts are done, I just picked out a pattern for arm chair covers. Got DH a new recliner and he is hard on the arms. Ink from newpaper and little crumbs and those orange cheeto spots from snacks. Great thing is that he actually asked me to make them for him....

Happy, it's nice to see you posting again!

• 3 weeks later...

Right now I'm working on gifts for my Nephew's and my mom...I'm making a large teddy bear for my 1 yr. old nephew, shape people for my 3 yr old nephew and pig slippers for my mom. I'm worried about how the bear is turning out because I'm making it without using a pattern. It's a good thing he's only one so at least he can't make fun of it if it's lop-sided or something....lol

Happy Crocheting E-1

• 2 weeks later...

Currently working on three afghans for a friend's grandchildren. Each one has a different color scheme but they're all using the same pattern. I'm pushing myself to try to have them done for Christmas this year because I've been working on them for a few years. Anyway, I'm making progress just not fast enough for my tastes.

Back at it for me.

I am working on a baby blanket for a friend's soon to be born grandchild.

I am using red, white, and black granny squares. (I don't know the gender of the baby)

I will try and post a picture of my -slow-progress a bit later.

Okay it's "WIP City" here!

First the crocheted -

1. A MAM that has always taken back seat to the must do projects that have had timelines - well now I feel sorry for it and have just gotten busy again crocheting the center pieces of each strip to motivate me to go round them and get the strips done - it's a join-as-yo-go one thankfully :)

2. A shawl that I am a little over halfway done that I have been enjoying but again - Christmas ornies and towel toppers took presidence last month

Knitted -

1. A christening gown set to be made and put away - so no real timeline there - it is my go-to project for my LYS group.

My next WIP that will be timelined because of a friends due date in April -

is a baby colored RR.

I am trying not to take on anymore until at least one of these is DONE! Last year I think I had 6 or 7 things going at one time and it was overload:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek

I am currently working on my first pet mat for the snuggles project and finished a corcheted cowl scarf a couple days ago. ALso have to start a blanket for my niece for har b day in May and a pillow for my nephew.

• 2 weeks later...

Lets see.....

I started a granny square afghan almost 10years ago that is a yellow rose, with green then white and then burgandy for each square. The afghan is king sized. I am now going around the outside for the edging which will take a while, but hopefully not 10- years, LOL

Then i got bored and my husbands gram was making a american flag afghan and so of course I wanted to. I got all the red & white bottom but when I got to creating the blue on the afghan it said "carry the bue" along with the red/white.... so as a beginner crocheter I did not know what that meant and could not finish the afghan.....so i am sad to say it still sits half finished because gram passed away before I could finish it.

Recently, My son and I are making baby hats with the knitting loom....and we are pleased to say they are easy and fun, but you have to use two strands.

I have made a baby girl blamket for my sister in law and my sister is having an infant boy so I made a blue DC panel with picot stitching around the outside in offwhite which turned out really nice. I am in the process of making another blanket for my sisters baby that is a granny square baby blanket. When I get them all finished I will post them so I can show off my projects.

Once I am done with those I am going to make an afghan for the NICU charity which will be rewarding.

My son is currently making a cacoon or a bunting for an infant in red & white and it looks really cute so far on the large yellow knitting loom.

Penny:c9

• 5 weeks later...

I have just finished my 10 yr old daughters big granny square afghan and am now working on Aggie Mae's Simple Round Ripple with no gaps pattern. It's challenging for me but im getting there....i've only ripped it apart 4 times....lol:)....but I am learning as I go and figuring out the things im doing wrong. My next one should be a breeze:)

My current projects:

1. Color Block Flannelghan done in Harley Davidson colors with a big D in the center, for my dad-in-law.

2. Big Flower Color Block Flannelghan for my Mom.

3. Simple dc1,ch1 ghan for mom-in-law (about 75% done)

4. Flannelghan for stepdad (done except for tail weaving)

5. lapghan for my hubby (almost done, have about a foot left to go)

6. Scrappy Ripple for ME

7. yarn purchased for diamond-ghan for cousin's wedding gift.

Um, i think that's it.

Archived